Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Manic Monday Poll

1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")?
2. How long is your morning commute to work?
3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why?
4. Are you a saver or a spender?
5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch?
6. Favorite Halloween candy?
7. Nails polished (Y or N)?
8. If you could change your name, what would it be?
9. Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts?
10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH?
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Manic Monday Poll

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few years ago, DH dressed as a hunter and I was a deer. He hates dressing up and he told me that would be the only outfit he would do. I made the costume and it was hillarious!
    Ugh too long. I'm 25 miles from the city so 40 on a good day but some days its over and hour.
    Living room - its so big and comfy!
    Spender
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch?
    Snuggle on the couch
    Reese's
    I always have a clear coat on. I hate when colored nail polish is chipped!
    Hm this is tough. Growing up I never liked my name, but its grown on me. I think I would pass!
    I don't think I can pick! <3 them both!
    His sense of humor, he cracks me up and always makes me laugh when I am upset!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")? My favorite all-time costume was when I dressed as The Little Mermaid in kindergarten. I honestly still remember it like it was yesterday. My cousin and I had the same costumes and it was the first time we were able to wear makeup! lol - and I got to wear shells and the red wig... it was fantastic!

2. How long is your morning commute to work? Well, since the move, it takes me about 35-45 mins. It USED to take me 8 mins :( boo!

3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why? Our bedroom. The bed is SUPER comfy and now we have a big TV in the room which is fabulous!

4. Are you a saver or a spender?  Spender for sure... I wish I was a saver!

5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch? Snuggle up on the couch... I'm extrememly un-motivated right now to work out!

6. Favorite Halloween candy? Hmmm hard one... I always loved the houses that gave the 'big candy bars' or huggies! lol

7. Nails polished (Y or N)?  Sort of... I had them polished very light pink (natural looking) for my bros wedding and they are chipping now. I typically don't have them polished though.

8. If you could change your name, what would it be? I don't think I would change my name. I used to hate it as a kid b/c I could never find keychains or toothbrushes w/ my name on it but I kind of like the uniqueness now.

9. Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts? Omg this is super hard for me! I love them both, but Starbucks for hot lattes and DD for iced lattes and DONUTS!!

10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH? Passion and determination
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was little I had a barbie bride costume. It was one of those plastic costumes with a mask. The mask had a veil on it. My other favorite is my HS senior year one... Monica Lewinsky, we all went as the Clinton scandal. Hmmm... I'm sensing a virgin/whore connection with my costumes.
    About 45 min. via metro.
    Kitchen. I love to cook. I just wish it was bigger.
    Spender
    I have intentions of working out, but laziness usually takes over.
    Almond Joys
    Yes, either a color or clear.
    Eh, nothing really. I'm fine with my name.
    DD. I enjoy Starbucks but it can get pricey!
    He is brillant. Seriously, so smart, he knows a little about everything, I can talk to him for hours.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trisha- You need to share pics :)
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    I will try to locate some! haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")? I can't really remember any great costumes! I remember it being really cold when I was a child and had to wear winter coats over our costumes (we lived in Green Bay Wisconsin). I remember dressing up as Brittany Spears my freshman year of HS, haha.
    2. How long is your morning commute to work? 30 minutes
    3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why? I have a feeling it will be our kitchen (when it is finally finished) I love to cook and we have added a pantry and extra counter space. Currently it is the 2nd bedroom we changed into a walk in closet/dressing room, it is amazing Smile
    4. Are you a saver or a spender? Saver
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch? Snuggle up for sure!
    6. Favorite Halloween candy? Almond Joy or M&Ms
    7. Nails polished (Y or N)? No, I wish I had time and money to have them manicured and polished weekly by someone else!
    8. If you could change your name, what would it be? I like my name, I wish people wouldn't try to be so unique with the spelling and just keep it "megan"! haha!
    9. Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts? This is really hard for me! I worked at Starbucks and it is super convenient at work, but I'm starting to really love DD too!
    10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH? He makes me laugh always and has an unbelievable work ethic.

Planning Bio

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember most of these!  When I was a kid, my dad dressed up as a football player, I was a cheerleader, and my baby sister was a ref.  I thought that was pretty cute.
    15 minutes if I walk/take the train, 10 if I bike
    My living room!  It has a working fireplace, which is awesome.
    Saver
    Snuggle on the couch,.. but I should work out!
    Reese's cups
    Nope
    My full name is very unique - I've never met another one!  So I'd never want to change it.
    DD
    He always knows just what to say to calm me down, cheer me up, etc.
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")? Last halloween I made DF a dalmatian costume, and I went as Cruella DeVille.. plus our dog was a "baby dalmatian" since she's a pug and obv has no spots
    2. How long is your morning commute to work? 10 min :)
    3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why? hmmm i guess our basement/"mancave"/bar area...
    4. Are you a saver or a spender? been a big saver lately.
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch?snugggle!
    6. Favorite Halloween candy?butterfingers!!!
    7. Nails polished (Y or N)? Yes they are now.. but are chipping and will need the polished removed.. i too wish i could have the $$ to get weekly mani's
    8. If you could change your name, what would it be? i like my first name.. so i too will keep it!
    9. Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts?dunkin donuts!!! although i really crave PSL's this time of year at Starbucks.
    10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH? he's very funny and silly! And incredibily loyal.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")? Cleopatra
    2. How long is your morning commute to work? About 30 min. via metro
    3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why? Eh, we live in a  tiny 1 BR so I don't have a lot of choices and am pretty sick of the place anyway. Guess I'll say the living room though b/c it's cozy.
    4. Are you a saver or a spender? Saver 100%
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch? Snuggle on the couch
    6. Favorite Halloween candy? Those mini Krackle bars.
    7. Nails polished (Y or N)? No
    8. If you could change your name, what would it be? I like my first name, but I also love my middle name, so I'd choose Renee.
    9. Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts? Starbucks
    10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH? I really admire his patience (something that I lack).
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")?  Freshman year in college, 3 of us dressed up as dead bridesmaids.  That was one of my favorites.
    2. How long is your morning commute to work?  Well, on the days that I work from home, I have 0 commute, but on the days I do go in, it's only about 15 minutes.
    3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why?  Probably the living room.  It's the room we've actually tried to make cozy.
    4. Are you a saver or a spender?   Spender, definitely.  I have three things in my "shopping cart" on Anthropologie and I've been trying to convince myself not to buy them for the past 2 days...
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch?  I collapse on the couch at the end of the day.
    6. Favorite Halloween candy?  Milk Duds
    7. Nails polished (Y or N)?   Not currently, but I do want to paint them this evening.
    8. If you could change your name, what would it be?  I'm not sure, but it would be something different.  I once played softball on a team with 6 Ashleys, it sucked.
    9. Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts?  Starbucks.
    10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH?  He has the same sense of humor as I do.  And he's way more laid back than me which balances me out.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_manic-monday-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:be39289d-d0eb-4f91-94b4-95944b6bb740Post:b13c42d1-a9b0-4c44-8e41-26383b81ae9c">Re: Manic Monday Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")?   Freshman year in college, 3 of us dressed up as dead bridesmaids.  That was one of my favorites. 2. How long is your morning commute to work?   Well, on the days that I work from home, I have 0 commute, but on the days I do go in, it's only about 15 minutes. 3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why?   Probably the living room.  It's the room we've actually tried to make cozy. 4. Are you a saver or a spender?  <strong> Spender, definitely.  I have three things in my "shopping cart" on Anthropologie and I've been trying to convince myself not to buy them for the past 2 days... </strong>5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch?   I collapse on the couch at the end of the day. 6. Favorite Halloween candy?   Milk Duds 7. Nails polished (Y or N)?   Not currently, but I do want to paint them this evening. 8. If you could change your name, what would it be?   I'm not sure, but it would be something different.  I once played softball on a team with 6 Ashleys, it sucked. 9. Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts?   Starbucks. 10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH?   He has the same sense of humor as I do.  And he's way more laid back than me which balances me out.
    Posted by Ash2985[/QUOTE]

LOL - This made me laugh b/c I do this ALL.THE.TIME! haha!!!  Glad to know I'm not alone!
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_manic-monday-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:be39289d-d0eb-4f91-94b4-95944b6bb740Post:c91c4b33-bb5d-419e-a0fa-8582de517f2b">Re: Manic Monday Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manic Monday Poll : LOL - This made me laugh b/c I do this ALL.THE.TIME! haha!!!  Glad to know I'm not alone!
    Posted by gmc22[/QUOTE]

<div>They're all sale items, though, so it's not THAT bad.  I am probably going to end up ordering them by the end of the day.  Sometimes while I shop online, I'll just add everything that I like to my shopping cart and then have to go through and erase it.</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")? She-Ra Princess of power
    2. How long is your morning commute to work? 15 minutes
    3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why? Kitchen-It's big and all my fun cooking stuff is in it.
    4. Are you a saver or a spender?  Saver for sure!
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch? Snuggle on the couch
    6. Favorite Halloween candy? Twix, 100 Grand, Mallow CUps
    7. Nails polished (Y or N)?  No, they are too short, but toenails always are!
    8. If you could change your name, what would it be? Summer
    10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH?Hilarious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")? I recycled a lot of ballet/dance costumes for Halloween. When we were little though, my mom made/put together a lot of ours, I love seeing pics from those years.
    2. How long is your morning commute to work? well it USED to be short. Now that the bus service blows, a 10-15 minute trip is extended. this morning's bus came full all but 2 seats, and within 2 more stops he couldn't stop for any more people. A 35 minute walk is the better option going forward. At least I know how long it takes and I only have to rely on myself to get there on time!
    3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why? kitchen or bedroom. Bedroom because it's very calming and relaxing, and the kitchen because I love to cook and we love baking and trying new recipes and wines!
    4. Are you a saver or a spender? a little of both
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch? Depending on how late I work, but usually I do get a workout in when I get home
    6. Favorite Halloween candy? hmmm, not a big candy/sweets girl. But I guess Reese's
    7. Nails polished (Y or N)? Yes. toenails always a pink/pearl shade and fingernails clear if any polish at all
    8. If you could change your name, what would it be? Sasha or Siobhan
    10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH? Super loving and just in general a really good guy. Way more patient and non-judgy than I am! 
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    alainn15alainn15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")?
    The year my mom sewed my sister and I cat and mouse costumes because we fought so much. I was the mouse because my sister was always mean to me.

7 minutes

Any one of the five bathrooms with a bathtub for me to soak in.

Spender

Snuggle on the couch under a blanket, it's always freezing in our house from fall to spring

Nerds

Sometimes

Jack

DD, America Runs on Dunkin

His ability to put up with me and my insane ideas for the wedding and everyday life. lol
    Like the fact that I told him an hour ago that we are going to Cedar Point and Put-In-Bay this weekend, and he says OK without a fuss.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    1. What was one of your favorite Halloween costumes as a kid (or "big kid")? I remember dressing up as a troll one year.  At the time I thought it was te coolest costume.
    2. How long is your morning commute to work? Anywhere from 40 minutes an hour on average. 
    3. What is your favorite room in your house/apt, why? Kitchen-for an apartment is it surprisingly big.  Actually most of our rooms are big. 
    4. Are you a saver or a spender?  Saver
    5. At the end of the day, are you more likely to work out or snuggle up on the couch? I'd love to just snuggle on the couch, but I've been working out with a friend for the past month or two.
    6. Favorite Halloween candy? Twix or Skittles
    7. Nails polished (Y or N)?  Nope.  If it starts to chip I just pick it all off, so I just don't bother.
    8. If you could change your name, what would it be? I don't think I would change it.
    9. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? I don't drink coffee, but I guess Dunkin Donuts.... they are everywhere out here.
    10. Favorite personality trait of DF/DH?  He always has little surprises for me.  Like Friday he brought me a few roses home, just because. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A Bag of Jelly Beans or this year's costume of Hermione Granger

Depends on where I'm working at...anywhere from 2 minutes to 35 minutes

My Bedroom.  I love my bed

Depends...right now, I'm trying to save 

depends on my mood/what I've done all day

Carmel Apple Candy Corn (or anything else...I love candy)

Sort-of ...i gave them a clear coat on my way out the door to sub this morning

Wouldn't change it

Depends...starbucks for coffee, Dunkin for Dounuts

funny, dependable (99.8% of the time), sweet, and super smart
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards