Maine
Options

catering

so i've gotten some pretty good ideas for catering (thanks ladies) but are there any that you guys would recommend from experience and how they worked with you?! i am looking for buffet style. doing a barn wedding so i want it to go with the theme but want it to be reasonably priced as well!
let me know if you have any ideas of caterers that you have heard are great or have used!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: catering

• Options

Are you looking for like BBQ or Homecooking or just simiply casual?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    probably BBQ style or homecooking! would love something that just fit with the theme!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hear Famous Daves is pretty good. I am not sure on how expensive they are tho.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am having KFC, I know it sounds silly but think about it: everyone loves chicken, it comes with 3 dif types of chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, cole slaw and biscuits. To serve 100 people it will cost 350. We are adding hor d'ourves (sp) and a veggie lasanga for vegetarians so it is like a buffet. Chicken would certainly go with your theme as well! The food comes in tin pans and you could keep them warm using a wire rack and a can of sterno. 
  • Options
    I second Nikki with Famous Daves! we were going to do that at one point, but ended up going with a reception venue that does their own catering, so we didnt end up using them, but the women there in charge of catering's name is Hope and she is so quick to respond to e-mails, their prices were very reasonable too!

• Options
    The Brown Bag in Rockland catered a similar event I attended, with the same theme, and the food was awesome!  Everything was homemade by them, including the breads, and delicious.  I'm pretty sure they also do wedding cakes, but you would have to check with them if you still need one.  My favorite BBQ place is in the Old Port...."Norms Ribs".....don't know if they cater but invite me if they do and you end up using them.  LOL!!  Good luck.
  • Options
    i emailed famous daves today~ i heard that they are really reasonable so i cant wait to see what they have to offer! and i love their food so does my FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards