California-Bay Area

San Francisco Dress Shopping

I am going to be going dress shopping in San Francisco.  Does anyone know about any bridal shops that I should hit to get a dress?  I'm looking for a shop that carries couture, a good variety with some unique dresses, and good service.

Thanks!

Re: San Francisco Dress Shopping

• edited December 2011
    One of my friends loved Bridal Galleria in the embarcadero. I didn't end up going because I found my dress sooner than expected, but she loved that place!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal Galleria is amazing!! They have a huge range of dresses. I loved my girl, Pasquale!
  • amwot8amwot8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Forget Me Knots and loved the service I recieved there. They only carry a limited selection of dresses though compared to larger places. My friend got her dress at Glamour Closet.
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Priscill of Boston salon when I was visiting my maid of honor... The experience was spectacular! I was able to make a last-minute appointment, the bridal consultant (Alicia) was wonderful, and it was overall one of my best experiences (I went to 12+ stores in three states!).

Their dresses start around $1k and go all the way up to $12k.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from Amy Kuschel.  I have had zero second thoughts.  The salon is spacious and modern, and the staff is full of nice people.  The SF location is her flagship store, and she emphasizes on the cut and quality of the dress, not just the embellishments.  Best of all, when you select your dress, they take like thirty measurements of your body, and then build the dress to fit you exactly. This=NO ALTERATIONS!

I believe they can customize aspects of whatever dress you select from her line.  A friend of mine even designed her own dress, and Amy built it, though that was several yrs ago not sure if that's still offered.

Plus, they've put up with me going back to the salon twice since I chose a gown to try on the sample with shoe options and because I sorta forgot what my veil looked like...!

I get to see my actual dress in May!
    Anniversary
  • eleonhardteleonhardt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Forget me knots in SF. The gals there are fabulous and the prices are great. Call for appt, they have a lot to choose from and give you the royal treatment. Its a small boutique so you get the one on one experience.

http://www.forgetmeknotsbridal.com/

i bought my necklace there too and the price was very inexpensive!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from the Bridal Galleria and would recommend it as well!  The experience was great.  The fitting rooms are private and large enough to fit five people, a few dresses and a few veils comfortably.  They do supply a robe if you dont want to just be in underwear and a bra for the majority of you apt.  My consultant was really low key and not pushy at all (ie they dont bring in dresses over your budget). I actually purchased one of her suggestions and not one of the ones I picked for myself.

(I haven't gotten my dress yet, so I can't say anything for the customer service in the alterations departmen)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't recommend the Bridal Galleria.  I recently went there, and my wedding consultant was cold, unhelpful, and even a bit snooty.  For example, I asked a question, and I guess she thought the question was so stupid, I could see her struggling not to laugh in my face.  Also, I have a feeling she didn't think I was serious about buying a dress, but as soon as I started asking detailed questions about purchasing the dress, she started treating me better.  I also wasn't happy with their selection.  I had something very specific in mind, and my consultant kept bringing me totally different things I had no interest in.

Instead, I recommend Priscilla of Boston.  Amazing service and selection of dresses, though very pricey.  I'm seriously considering buying my dress there.  Also, if you want something cheaper, I really liked the service at David's Bridal in Colma.  I went on a Monday afternoon, and I had their undivided attention.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards