Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Eloping to NOLA... HELP!

My fiance and I have decided to elope! This decision has come about due to the unwanted stress of wedding planning and a surprise from the Air Force which makes my FI's leave date 2 months earlier than expected and our previous plans impossible!

We have decided to elope to New Orleans because it is a place we have both always wanted to go. It is such a lively, culutrally rich place full of history as well as new beginnings, just like the two of us! We are from Ohio and neither of us have been there before so figuring everything out is a bit stressful (but not NEARLY as stressful as planning a wedding for 150+ guests)!

If anyone could offer up some tips, suggestions or advice for venues, photographers, florists, hotels, an officiant, etc. it would be appreciated! 

Re: Eloping to NOLA... HELP!

• Options
    Bourbon Orleans has an elopement package: http://www.bourbonorleans.com/elopement-package/ I think you can have up to 15 people. 

Otherwise I think it would be fun to have a ceremony in pirate's alley and have dinner at a cozy restaurant.  I've heard that the Bombay Club is very romantic.

My photographer was Maile Lani and I loved her.  I also really like G. Chapin Photography, who was a second shooter at our wedding.

Ginger Dickey at Color Bar Salon did a great job with my hair, and they do makeup there too for a very reasonable price.
  • Options
    ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I think a nola elopement is so sweet. While we were getting our marriage license at the Algiers courthouse, a couple came in for their wedding. She wore a beautiful purple dress and he was in a grey suit. She had a bouquet, a photographer and 2 witnesses. The courthouse is old and beautiful. You can take the ferry over from the quarter. Judge KK Norman was there at the time but she might be retired by now. Looking back, if H and I had done an elopement, I might have opted for that and then a nice dinner out to Commander's Palace. Our photographer was Tim Pham at Ardent Studio and he was very sweet with an amazing portfolio. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards