Connecticut
Options

Simsbury Inn

I just booked the Simsbury Inn for my November 2010 wedding reception.  Any opinions on Simsbury Inn or know anyone that got married there?  I uess I'm looking for ideas and any suggestions on day before activities and/or extra little touches for the reception. 

Re: Simsbury Inn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard it's expensive...sorry that's all I got! 
  • Options
    tammyo21tammyo21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Simsbury Inn is beautiful - congratulations! I've never been to a wedding there but I have been for other functions.  Does their coordinator have pictures from past events - that might get the creative juices flowing.
    The weather may play into your day before activites.  There are some great hiking trails (Metacomet) just down the road from there as well as a golf course (Blue Fox Run) off Nod Rd.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    YAYMiaBrideYAYMiaBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no been to a wedding but i went to a party there with uplighting that looked really really nice.  
    We went to carmen anthony's for drinks afterwards and it wasn't that far and it was nice. 
  • Options
    KellyJason94KellyJason94 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I happened to pop onto the knot and saw your post.  I got married there October 2008 ................ LOVED it.  Patti was super helpful and listened to pretty much all of my ideas regarding the wedding.  We had our cake done there by the pastry chef and people are still talking about how good it was (seriously, it was the best cake - ever .... english toffee guiness cakee .... yummm).  The location there for pictures was nice, but we did the majority of our pictures at the covered bridge down the street.  Hmmmm ... what else?  The food was excellent, the rooms were awsome to stay in (DH and I stayed there an extra night before we left for our HM).  BONUS - when you stay there the night of your wedding they save you 2 pieces of your wedding cake, sandwiches, truffles, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne ... all stuff to enjoy after your wedding since you won't have any time to eat).  Oh! The appetizers were amazing too (I think I liked those better then dinner!).  We did the layout of the room where the dance floor was in the middle and had a long head table ... it worked out really well.

There are some pictures on our photographer's blog:
    http://www.michaeljcharles.com/slideshow/kelly_jason/

I'm not sure if my bio is still up, but I but pictures in there too of the room.

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards