Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Finding a DJ

We're getting married next summer, and we need a little guidance about choosing a DJ.  We've contacted a few in the area, and have a couple of quotes.

How does it work with DJs- do you meet with them, like florists, etc?  I can see this working for smaller operations, but most of the local wedding DJs are larger companies (so we wouldn't necessarily be meeting with the person who would be at our wedding.)

I would prefer to meet with them, but I have no idea what to ask (aside from what type of equipment they have, maybe?)

Any help would be appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finding a DJ

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_finding-a-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:f2a60efb-3852-47e8-9cff-46c5a2f0d9f7Post:943ad9fd-d830-46b3-b2db-f589e3fd8d83">Finding a DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married next summer, and we need a little guidance about choosing a DJ.  We've contacted a few in the area, and have a couple of quotes. How does it work with DJs- do you meet with them, like florists, etc?  I can see this working for smaller operations, but most of the local wedding DJs are larger companies (so we wouldn't necessarily be meeting with the person who would be at our wedding.) I would prefer to meet with them, but I have no idea what to ask (aside from what type of equipment they have, maybe?) Any help would be appreciated!
    Posted by a6a14173[/QUOTE]

We booked our DJ solely based on good reviews and things we've read on TK.  We never met him or heard him.   We only had our initial phone call and we'll have a final one to go over everything before the big day.

As for equipment, I don't think we'd even know the terminology even if we asked.  Have you checked reviews for the ones you contacted?  You can also ask if they are performing at an event that allows you an opportunity to hear them.
  • Options
    Reviews are very important, and see if you can see them LIVE.  What is promised at the meeting may not be what they deliver.  Also check locally with your BBB and Office of Consumer Protection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards