Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Shaker Run Golf Club

Has anyone been to or had a wedding there? What was the food like? Did you have plated or buffet?

I already booked my wedding for this venue, and I know they got best of knot 2009 so I trust they are a good establishment. I just wanted to know other people's experiences.

and if anyone has any pictures to show me I would really appreciate it!!

thanks!

Re: Shaker Run Golf Club

• Options
    robbinrlrobbinrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not been to a wedding at Shaker Run Golf Club, but I live in the neighborhood and wanted to let you know what we as homeowners found out recently. There is going to be major construction going on for the rest of 2010 and into 2011 along Golf Club Drive (the main road for access to the club house). Golf Club Drive will be closed for the rest of 2010 once they start construction. There will be major construction (putting in sewer, electrical, etc. infrastructure for new houses) on both sides of the club house (the lake view will remain untouched). All traffic will have to go through the neighborhood via Shaker Run Blvd. It looks like this should not affect you from the timing on your wedding, but since construction has not yet started, timelines could change.

Hopefully the Golf Club already informed you of this, but I thought I'd put it out there for anyone else looking at using Shaker Run who would be detered by construction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to FI's friends wedding there last year and loved it! If we could have spent the extra money, thats for sure where we would have went. I dont remember the food though. sorry
  • Options
    creekmorecreekmore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not been to a wedding there but my daughter is getting married there in aug. It is so beautiful there. I know a few friends who have been to weddings there and they all said it was really nice and the food was great! They are also very nice and easy to work with and full of ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I''m getting married there next June, so all of this was great to read! Thanks for the construction info. I'm meeting them to finalize things today and I'll ask about that. 
  • Options
    lindseymistolindseymisto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are aware of the construction but can assure all Brides that it will not interfere with the fabulous day you have planned, or the venue in any way. There is a second driveway entrance through the residential community, which we're sure you will find very appealing as an entrance to the club. Road construction or not, Shaker Run has been and will continue to be the perfect venue for Ohio Brides!Kiss

• Options
    The_ResaThe_Resa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for responding!

I have another question. Does anyone know of hotels near Shaker Run that will shuttle to and from the golf club?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards