Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

What kind of shapewear?

So after having my body shaper continuously roll down & create a lovely bump in my dress at FB & SIL's wedding, I'm realizing I need to find a different kind/brand.

I just picked up a cheap one from Maurices, & which I'm now realizing is a high waist thigh shaper, & I'm assuming that's why I was having issues.... Oops!  = )

I need to find something that will work with my dress, here's a pic of it...

I'm having cups put into the dress, & the top will be somewhat of a low v. 

Any thoughts or ideas on what type of shapewear or brand of shapewear I should look into? 

TIA ladies!  = )

Re: What kind of shapewear?

• Options
    jmkaiserjmkaiser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spanx are honestly the best....they really suck you in and keep you there all night. I would say the only negative is sometimes they are a little too constrictive. Good Luck!
  • Options
    MarcyLTMarcyLT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spanx all the way! Part of what's amazing about Spanx is they're patented not to roll. I would absolutely recommend anything in their line (I wear "Higher Power" daily). For my wedding, I'm wearing Hide & Sleek, which is a little bit thicker and has a more luxurious feel to it. But really, you can't go wrong with Spanx. With your dress, I'd make sure you get something with a high waist so you can get it all the way up to the seam. Here's what I'm wearing:

http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990096&cp=2992553.3026774&parentPage=family
    New Name, Old Nestie Blog: Career Girl Network
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the super high shorts style spanx.  They go all the way up to just below your boobs.  No issues whatsoever with slipping or rolling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Similar cut as my dress, I wore Victoria's Secret Hug Me Tight in nude and loved it. I found it more comfortable than Spanx, which I own too.  I chose it because of the fit and because it was totally seamless.
  • Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_kind-of-shapewear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:9d40b2d7-61c7-42ee-aa17-d5b2be9695bcPost:1d61fa38-548f-4c29-8bd4-348647c0e12f">Re: What kind of shapewear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Similar cut as my dress, I wore <strong>Victoria's Secret</strong> Hug Me Tight in nude and loved it.  I chose it because of the fit and because it was totally seamless.
    Posted by martiac225[/QUOTE]

I love my one from Vickies!!! That is what I will be wearing as well!
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_kind-of-shapewear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:9d40b2d7-61c7-42ee-aa17-d5b2be9695bcPost:f2387f88-a59b-48ac-a1d8-081e96a749f0">Re: What kind of shapewear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used the super high shorts style spanx.  They go all the way up to just below your boobs.  No issues whatsoever with slipping or rolling.
    Posted by wittyschaffy[/QUOTE]

This is what I had. They had a crotch that stretches super wide so I didn't have to struggle to pull them down and back up to pee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards