Honeymoon Discussions

Suggestions for Costa Rica honeymoon?

Has anyone stayed at an all inclusive resort in Costa Rica for honeymoon? Looking for suggestions and feedback. Our budget is 2300 or under for 7 night stay if we go all inclusive route.

Re: Suggestions for Costa Rica honeymoon?

• AIs are few and far between in CR, but there are some near Liberia in Guanacaste.  Smaller boutique and small chain resorts are more common. I would get yourself a Frommer's guide and learn more about the different areas of the country. Arenal is popular but is the most expensive area of the country.  To see a volcano up close, you could also consider staying near the Poas volcano. It is only 1.5 hours from San Jose, and is its own beautiful landscape, without the cost of staying at Arenal. Honestly, CR such a beautiful diverse country that it would be a shame not to see more of it. I'd explore staying in more than one place if you can. There are some amaing and very affordable places to be found.  Happy hunting!
  • Thanks for info.  I am type that packs a ton and likes to get settled in my room though.  We were hoping to stay in one place but do some excursions to explore.  We were wanting to do all inclusive so not to have to worry about money spent on food and drink while relaxing at resort. 

• As I said, there are not too many AIs but many hotels have meal plans that migt meet your needs.  I don't know about drinks though.  You'd have to ask each resort individually. Manuel Antonio is a good area with both beach and jungle, so you would be able to get the best of both worlds.  Have fun!
  • Thanks. I will check out that area.
  • Hi - this is above your budget but we stayed at a private residence near Quepos/Manuel Antonio that was all inclusive for $3500 for the week.  The house is amazing and up in the mountains - there is no one around, very private and romantic.  The couple who own the property take excellent care of you.  then they book you several nights down near the beach at a very cute boutique hotel.  The also coordinate any excursions, and includes all food and alcohol.  We loved it - just went in December.

Here's the website:

Also it seems like the same area near the beach has higher end hotels that are all inclusive - there are a lot in a small area....some show up on Groupon from time to time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards