Flowers

ANYONE KNOW HOW FAKE FLOWERS LOOK IN PHOTOS?

I was also considering getting fake calla lilies from Michaels or Hobby Lobby, but I'm concerned you'll be able to tell in the professional photos. Thoughts?

Re: ANYONE KNOW HOW FAKE FLOWERS LOOK IN PHOTOS?

• edited December 2011
    If you're planning on having a super close-up shot of the flowers, then yes, you might be able to tell... but some of the nicer artificials come very very close to the real thing.  From a fews steps away? No one will know the difference!  Just make sure to carefully trim the stems so that wire doesn't show (would reflect light in photos) and make sure that any fabric flowers/leaves have clean edges and are dust free.  
  • AlbertsoncAlbertsonc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are my diy silk bridesmaid flowers close up! They look pretty real to  me :)

And here is my DIY brooch bouquet :)

• vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This bouquet (not mine) is a mix of real and silk flowers.  Can you tell which flowers are the fake ones? :)

84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • khebbgreenkhebbgreen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Half of my bouquet was silk.  You never would have known unless I said something.  I didn't even notice myself at first until my friend the florist pointed it out to me!  My friend is a florist & I totally trusted her & gave her absolute freedom to use her expertise for our flowers.  That is what she does for a living (a very good one) not what I do. 
    Plus the added bonus is I have half of my bouquet in a vase next to my bed from our wedding!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_anyone-fake-flowers-look-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:78f2aefd-057b-4512-976a-bb2653ef9108Post:faf797dd-8248-48dd-a9d7-86c860957f88">ANYONE KNOW HOW FAKE FLOWERS LOOK IN PHOTOS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was also considering getting fake calla lilies from Michaels or Hobby Lobby, but I'm concerned you'll be able to tell in the professional photos. Thoughts?
    Posted by BudgetBride525[/QUOTE]

I purchased all of my mango colored calla lilies from Hobby Lobby. I love them and they look so real... at least to me. I have to take some pictures of them so ppl could see. But, just my opinion they look real. I love my flowers and saved lots of money getting them half off at Hobby Lobby.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards