Iowa-Des Moines

Hair and Something Blue

So I'm having a fall wedding and I just bought a crystal flower hair piece that I thought would go good with my dress.  Then I started thinking about how I would like my bridesmaids to wear an orange Gerber Daisy (my flower) in their hair.  My question is if that would look stupid for all of them to have that in their hair then I would come down with just a hair clip basically that doesn't resemble a daisy at all just a flower. 

My second question is how did you incorporate that something blue into your wedding? I've been contemplating getting shoes with some blue in them, but my mom HATES that idea, and I know it's my wedding but I wanted to know what some other brides have done.  While your at it, if you could tell me what you used for something blue, new and borrowed that would be great.  Thank you!

Re: Hair and Something Blue

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it would look bad at all for them to have the daisy and you to have your own flower. The bride is supposed to be different. :)

I'm not doing the old, new, etc. myself, but I love the idea of blue shoes or shoes with blue in them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think the daisies would look funny next to your hair clip.  All eyes will be on the bride regardless:)

As far as your something blue, have some fun!  I like the shoe idea, you could add some color to your jewelry.  I personally am wearing blue underwear:)  My something new is jewelry, dress, my something borrowed is my grandmother's brooch, which belongs to my cousin now, and my something old is my mother's veil, redone for me!
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • edited December 2011
    I like the hair idea.
    My something blue is a blue ring that FI bought me for Valentine's day...it is a really light blue aquamarine...so beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    There are lovely blue shoe decals that say I Do. You put them on the bottom of your shoes so the blue item is there but only you know. ;) Just a thought. Here is someplace you can buy them:

http://www.advantagebridal.com/idorhshaping.html
  • edited December 2011
    i don't think it will look weird if you have a crystal hair piece - the bride should be a little more glamorous than the bridesmaids.

my something blue was a blue topaz ring that DH got me for Christmas before our wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh just have fun with it!!!  It's always more fun with little suprises :)

My something blue was my blue socks!  I loved them.

And I rocked them with some white sneakers (that I added bling to)... because come on, it's a wedding.  I danced my ass off.  No reason for heels ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • edited December 2011
    Both of my sisters had blue garters.

My wedding:
    old- my sis is letting me borrow her pearl earrings that used to belong to my grandma
    new- camoflauge garter/dress
    borrowed- the "ballet" wedding shoes my sis wore with her wedding dress
    blue- underwear and/or possibly a flower in my hair, it's also one of our colors
  • edited December 2011

I love the blue shoes!!! I am doing that as well!
    My something old- diamond bracelet his grandma gave me to welcome me to the family
    My something borrowed- my mom diamond necklace that my dad gave her at one time.
    My something new- my dress!

Mrs. Caboth Wedding: 9*24*11 found out preg: 6*13*12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards