New York-Long Island

Reception Venue

Hello,  Can anyone tell me about your experience attending or having your wedding at The Bellport Country Club in Bellport LI NY.  I am seriously considering this venue for a September 2011 wedding. Thanks for your input.

Re: Reception Venue

• edited December 2011
    a reception factory. there are like  3 or 4 events going on at once
  • edited December 2011
    No the BCC only hosts ONE wedding at a time obviously your not familiar with the venue location
  • t&j2008t&j2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bellport Country Club is surely NOT a wedding factory.  They are owned by the same people who own the Irish Coffee Pub, which has an excellent reputation for great food and fantastic service.  I have never been to a wedding at the Bellport Country Club, but I have been to other occassions and they've all been lovely.  The only minor "complaint", if you could even really call it that, that I have sometimes heard is that the Cocktail hour space is very small.  This is actually a pretty common "flaw' in a lot of places, so I personally wouldn't look too much into it.  The grounds are really beautiful there as well.  Good luck!
  • auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try The Thatched Cottage website.  Beautiful place located on the water on LI North Shore.  Receives rave reviews about service and food.  Depending upon the number of guests, you may be the only bride that day.  After you've investigated your options and if you like this place, contact me directly at kvanbell@optonline.net.  We have the ability to transfer a lost money deposit and save you $4,500 on this particular venue.  Good hunting!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there two years ago, and my cousin is having her wedding there in January 2011...and it was great!!!
  • ren6121ren6121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    COCKTAIL HOUR ROOM IS WAY TOO SMALL, THE SETUP IN THE HALL IS VERY STRANGE ASWELL AND THE WAIT STAFF IS A MESS.  ANOTHER THING I DIDN'T CARE FOR WERE THE PLASTIC DISHES AT COCKTAIL HOUR.HOWEVER, FOOD IS PRETTY GOOD,
  • That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Bellport in January 2012.  They are a one-wedding-at-a-time place.  Excellent customer service, could not be happier.. prices are average for a nice reception.  I don't know why some people thought this was a wedding factory, bc you pay more at BPCC to have ONE wedding.  Its great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards