June 2013 Weddings

Having trouble deciding on a date lol Help!

Okay so originally my FI and I wanted April but ended up deciding that we wanted Summer because he is a school teacher, and he wanted Later June. However, I know prices in June are more expenive so people have been telling me July. However, I've heard it's still expensive in July lol. I don't want August or Fall because I'm in school, but we've been talking about March during my Spring Break (I'll be a grad student) but I'm not a huge fan of winter in NY especially with the chance of snow and the stress of school. What would you girls do? Pay the extra money or suck it up and get married in a much colder time of year and more stressful...

Re: Having trouble deciding on a date lol Help!

• We decided June 8th just because our kids will be out of school and since we decided on a Barn/outdoor wedding we wanted it to be nice enough outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • have u decided anything yet?
  • June 9th for us! We're having a Sunday wedding. I'm in Florida so I'm a little worried about the heat, but it's an indoors wedding anyway and the only time any of the guests will be outside is when they're traveling from ceremony to reception venue (about a ten minute drive).

I'm about to graduate and (hopefully lol) by then I'll be teaching as well! So June-August is really the best time for us. Plus the date has a bit of sentiment for us. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • possibly consider a friday or sunday wedding...most places offer discounts for friday or sunday weddings...we are having ours june 7th (a friday)...which may help keep the guest count down b/c it is a friday so we can stick to our budget better, it is also our 7 yr anniversary
  • We're doing June 9th. Didn't want it anytime during the winter in Michigan so we only had a few options - and fewer ones because I wanted to marry on a ninth. We decided to wait til 2013 and my dad suggested the Sunday because 1) it's cheaper 2) probably be smaller and 3) good reason not to serve alcohol. (since it'll be early) ^-^

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Pay More and Get What you want its Your Day =D
    Bride to Be =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards