New York-New York City

Low Key Engagement Party places in NYC?

We just got engaged last week (AAAA!  I'M SO HAPPY!!!), and we are looking for a place to have a low key engagement party for our friends in the city.  We could do a bar or restaurant, or something more creative like a picnic.  We definitely want this to be an affordable affair, both for us and our guests (all in our mid twenties), and would prefer not to have to make a large deposit or force anybody into a pre-fixe.  I know thats something of a tall order in the city, but I would love to hear any suggestions.  And I am so happy to be part of The Knot now, and am looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Just SO incredibly happy!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Low Key Engagement Party places in NYC?

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations! We had a very low key party at Zeppelin Beer Hall in Jersey City. We just wanted somewhere with food and drink (and no deposit) where our friends and family could come and have a beer and have fun. There are a few beer gardens in NYC and now that the weather is warm, you can sit outside.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  That's a fun idea, and one I think my fiance would love too :)
  • edited December 2011
    jeremy's in the seaport.  all fried food and beer in styrofoam and a great time!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion SL!  I will def add that one to consideration mix :) 

Also, is that you as Christina Hendricks?  If so, I have to say, AWESOME!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards