Georgia-Savannah

Indoor ceremony venues?

Hi, ladies!

I'm looking into a destination wedding in Savannah, but have a small budget. I'd really like an indoor site, because I'm afraid of the rain. Any ideas for a cermony site for 30-40 people that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? A full house booking at a inn is way out of our budget.

Re: Indoor ceremony venues?

• edited December 2011
    Hi...you may want to try The Marshall House/45 Bistro.  45 Bistro has a beautiful indoor atrium where they can do your ceremony; the site fee is only $150You can also do your reception there...they have very affordable options for catering and beverages.  I was planning my wedding there and had a very positive experience.  I have since changed locations, but that had nothing at all to do with any flaws or negatives...I simply decided to go in a different direction.  But given your needs, I would definitely check them out.

Also, there is a member of these boards that really doesn't care for this location; she gave me helpful info to consider, but ultimately I first chose to work with 45 Bistro and I was treated wonderfully.
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I've seen good and bad at the Marshall House.  Most of the negative things I have heard are about the customer service.  There are also issues with parking there.  It is a beautiful venue, though. 
    Here are a few links to some great places that do indoor weddings. 
    http://www.visit-historic-savannah.com/savannah-historic-homes.html

http://www.visit-historic-savannah.com/savannah-wedding-venues.html

One of the most unique weddings I have ever been to in the Savannah area was in Fort Pulaski out near Tybee.  It was unique and gorgeous.  They filled that particular room of the fort with flowers and candles.  I've never seen anything like it. 

There are so many amazing and unique places in Savannah.  Think a little outside of the box and you can have an unforgetable wedding here. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kylie LeeKylie Lee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Girabaldis restaurant has a nice area for receptions and I think the space is beautiful. There is also a new venue down near river street beside The pirates house restuarant.  Both great places not sure about price or occupancy.

• chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the member who doesn't care for 45Bistro/The Marshall House.  They have some of the WORST customer service I've ever experienced in all my life!  I would definitely NOT recommend them.

Ultimately, we decided to rent property in Savannah - rental homes are very affordable and some can be rather large.  A lot of them have BEAUTIFUL private gardens/courtyards for pics.  Google "The Wedding Mansion" - that one will sleep 20+ and is 3 floors with a beautiful private yard.  You'd have to rent chairs, but it would make a great spot for a small wedding.  There are also LOTS of other rental properties in the Historic District - look into them.  That will probably be your best bet, even with a party your size.
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually getting married at the Marshall House next weekend 4/10/10 I am more then glad to share my experience with you if you are interested. I am going to be getting married in the atrium at about 5:30pm
  • edited December 2011
    Can you let me know your experience w the Marshall House?? i am planning my  nov wedding there and have been a little turned off by the manager, danny.. he is a bit condescending.. did u have this experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards