Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Father/Daughter and Stepfather/Daughter Dances

Does anyone think it would be too many dances to add a stepfather/daughter dance?  Than we would have a first dance, father-daughter, mother-son and stepfather-daughter.  Would the guests lose interest?  I don't want to leave him out especially because we are closer and since he is paying for the wedding and my real dad isnt paying a dime. 

Re: Father/Daughter and Stepfather/Daughter Dances

• I was a BM at a wedding and they did a first dance, father/daughter, mother/son, and mother/daughter! I have been friends with the bride fro 16years and enough is enough! lol I wouldn't add it, nobody wants to watch you dance over and over with different people. Unless it was a choreographed routine of course!!

• Honestly, people get bored if the first dance goes on too long.  I would not have a whole line-up of different special dances.

What you could do is have father-daughter and mother-son dances at the same time, and then have your stepfather cut in on the father-daughter one.
  • I also agree with pp too too many dances.  We only did the first dance and that was more than enough for us. 
  • Thanks guys.... that's what I thought.  We have decided to do our first dance and then combine the mother/son and father/daughter dance.  Then we will just dedicate a song to my stepfather later in the evening.  I appreciate the advice for sure!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards