Florida-West Coast
Options

Publix for Florist?

Has anyone used the Publix florist for their flowers? I have heard of other brides doing this and being very satisfied. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Publix for Florist?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think there are a few peopl eon the board who have used them.  I feel so PRO publix its ridiculous.  It's one of those things I never realized I would miss until I moved away from it.  I have never had a bad experience with anything I got from Publix, I would expect the florals to be nothing less.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Publix for cake and flowers, and everything was absolutely perfect.
    And about 1/3 the cost of a stand-alone bakery and a stand-alone florist.
  • Options
    jtritchjtritch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For the girls who used Publix for flowers, was there a specific store you went to?  My Publix is quite small, and doesn't have a floral department.  Wondered how it all works.  Thanks!

• Options
    Tati316Tati316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I've read on these boards before that the Publix Greenwise are your best bet.
  • Options
    daisyjackdaisyjack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the Sarasota area and my friend got a quote from Publix, was happy with it but was nervous about have a grocer handle the most important flowers of her life.  She went to a local florist who gave her a MUCH better quote on a much more beautiful bouquet.  She was ecstatic with the service she recieved and she feels relaxed that a true floral designer is in charge of her flowers.  I reccommend sticking with Publix for what they know...groceries; and let wedding professionals handle your wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All the reviews I've read from Knotties that have used Publix for their flowers and/or cake have only had good things to say.  I haven't read a negative review yet.  I would suggest checking out different locations and speaking with the floral departments directly before making a decision though.  I'd check the ones nearest to your wedding venue to keep any delivery costs down.  And yes, I've heard that the Greenwise Publix locations are great!
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Publix (University Park in Sarasota) and Dianna is the contact (she previously owned her own floral design business and I feel very confident that she will execute as we discussed.).  This location is an "Events Planning" location so they have coordinators in there that handle the cakes and the flowers - and from what I can see VERY busy.  In addition, my centerpieces are not floral and I am not using a ton with the exception of the bouquests.

I can understand there may be gals that are looking for something more elborate and perhaps a floral designer can handle better.  I don't think Publix is a bad choice if you find a location with a great team and looking for beautiful yet simple flowers that are cost effective  (we are using orchids and regardless fo where you get them, they aren't cheap!). 

HTH!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with the Publix Greenwise locations. Also, just want to throw out there that the Floral departments actually employ experienced Florists at Publix stores that have them. My aunt was a florist for years and started working part time with her Publix in ATL for some extra $$$. So it's not like a cashier with no floral experience is going to be making your flowers. I've always been happy with what I've gotten from the before. 

PS - I can't wait for Publix to have drive through service... AH-MAZING! 

• Options
    ChristinakucfChristinakucf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank-You for all the advice ladies! I am meeting with a few florist in the Tampa Bay area and with Publix to see if Publix's cost is that much better. I have also heard their flowers are wonderful. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bnwgatorbnwgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you meet with Publix yet? Have they been any cheaper than anyone else? I am getting frustrated meeting with florists. Everyone is more $$ than I can really afford to spend! I have heard Publix is great but I want a specific color carnation and I'm afraid they won't have it. I guess all I can do is meet with them and ask!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    treester2002treester2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious to know if you gals went with Publix? I'm getting married on the beach and there aren't too many florists nearby so I'm thinking of going with them for convenience so no one has to drive 40 mins to pick of flowers the morning of the wedding. I would love to hear what you have to say!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards