Rhode Island
Options

photographers... help

I believe there is a perfect option for every budget... but this photographer search is almost making me sad.. It is one of my top priorities to have a fun, ecclectic, energized person to take our pictures so they can capture our super fun vibe but man i cant find anyone that is not cookie cutter and afforable(under 2000 for sure) Looking for suggestions please.. thanks in advance

Re: photographers... help

• Options
    I think you're going to have to set your expectations to your budget - for that amount, you're not going to find everything you want.  However, I would suggest looking for a single photographer who is young and up-and-coming.  Look at their portfolio extensively, ask for personal if they don't have many professional references, read over the contract with a fine tooth comb.  Check out RISD for students, I've heard good results from people who post in Craigslist and comb through applicants thoroughly.  I know someone who is a college student and I would trust her to photograph my wedding if I couldn't have afforded photographers - she's never done a wedding, but her work is phenomenol and she's got a great eye.

Anniversary

• Options
    Are you getting married in RI? This photographer does all of new england.

http://www.johnlophoto.com/index2.php#/home/   i heard about him on the boards when i was looking. id give you my photographer but we paid over that and I just checked and they went up since we booked 1.5 years ago. Also, you could try doing the album later or yourself to cut costs.  I found we were married on a friday and our photographer gave us a break for that being in August.  I keep check others we looked at but most went up $500 to $1k since i saw their prices.  If you find someone thats been doing the wedding gig for 2-3 years you will be able to get someone w/ experience but the cheaper price point. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks ladies. i definitely have an open mind about hiring students/up and coming people-- everyone needs to start somewhere. i just want someone who is fun and not boring but professional.. and yes all the photographers i was interested in when we first got engaged increased their prices like crazy! we increased our catering budget which is why this area took a hit..
  • Options
    You should talk with Amanda from Amanda Rose Photography.  http://amandarosephotography.com/about/ She is out of CT.  I used her for my boudoir pics and loved her.   She does weddings as well.  :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My friend got married August 18th and had this beginning photographer:

herbphotography.weebly.com

I believe she charges $100.00 an hour. She is very young but was professional and takes great photos!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I too recommend John Lo but I ended up going with Portrait New England. They both cover all of New England but I got a better deal with Portrait New England. They are a husband and wife team who were awesome to work with and very reasonably priced. There has been a lot more talk about them on the Boston boards and probably more recs for photographers in your price range who would travel.
  • Options
    Try Kristen conte...her work is super but she was already booked for my date. Very reasonable. You can google conte sound RI and it should come up!
  • Options
    My third shooter at the wedding was Monika Rose, she is under 2k (although this depends on your needs) as she does not include prints or albums in this price range but her work is ah-mazing! She is also very sweet ! Scroll down to Moni & Aaron to view out wedding. I think at her price range, her quality of work is a incredible. 
  • Options
    Check out LeighMarie Photography.  I'm using them for my October 2013 wedding...they have done quite a few weddings for friends and their prices are very reasonable. 
  • Options
    Ryan Scott Johnson Photography is the one for you.  He takes BEAUTIFUL photos and is very reasonable.  He should be charging a fortune for his work!  Good Luck!

His website:
    <a href="http://www.ryanscottjohnson.com" rel="nofollow">www.ryanscottjohnson.com</a>

-Kerry

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_photographers-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:b053ee7b-9665-413c-912e-4067ed0f9e96Post:c0502e70-111b-436f-93f2-ae9fc1d714a1">photographers... ugh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe there is a perfect option for every budget... but this photographer search is almost making me sad.. It is one of my top priorities to have a fun, ecclectic, energized person to take our pictures so they can capture our super fun vibe but man i cant find anyone that is not cookie cutter and afforable(under 2000 for sure) Looking for suggestions please.. thanks in advance
    Posted by JamieJ312[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your suggestions! keep them coming we are still keeping our options open :-)
  • Options
    We ares using Allan Millora Photography out of Newport.  He is awesome, we just got our engagement photos back and we couldn't be happier.  We got the silver package from him which costs $1500 and includes 8 hours of photography time.  He has a few different packages on his website and I love his pictures.  He is definitely not cookie cutter in the least bit and he loves to try different things.  I highly recommend him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Options
    We booked Wendy Hewes photography and are so glad we did! We had our engagement pictures two weeks ago and Wendy and the two photographers she brought with her were awesome. Full of ideas and definitely took their time with us. We decided to go with a downtown providence/gondola shoot, and she set the whole thing up! She also does photobooth rentals with video clip recording as well. Not sure if that's something your interested in, but we also booked that through her. She has three different packages, one for 925 4 hours, one for 1,8006 hours and one for 2400 8 hours and all include unlimited digitals and copyright release, DVD with black and white, sepia, and colorization, free engagement shoot and free 11x14 print. Good Luck! 401 649 1737 Wendy.hewesyahoo.com www.photographybywendyhewes.com 2760 Pawtucket Avenue East Providence, RI 02914
  • Options
    futuremalyutafuturemalyuta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I would recommend Insightful Eye Photography. We haven't had our wedding yet, but we just got engagement pictures and LOVE them. They are amazing, very professional but also fun, and will try everything they can to work with a budget!
  • Options
    I would recommend Kathleen's Photography. www.kathleensphotographyinc.net. I have them for my wedding and they are so down to earth and I connected with them on our first meeting. I can't wait!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards