Rhode Island

Photo displays?

We would like to have photos from our childhood and lives up for guests to look at. I am trying to think of a creative way to put them out. I am considering scanning them in and then making poster type collages. I have never done this so I am not sure of quality and how that looks. Any recommendations or ideas?

Re: Photo displays?

• I'm no help regarding the collages but... Our photog edits some of the getting ready & ceremony images during dinner and then has them on a slideshow on their ipad, which they put into a frame (so it looks like a digital picture frame). They'll place it on the gift table, or cake table, or wherever it would be seen (and it could easily be moved). If you end up not liking the look of the collages or don't have the room for it, perhaps you could try the ipad or digital frame idea, with your scanned images?
  • we just used a groupon we had bought a few weeks ago for scrapwalls.com It takes a whole bunch of images and puts them on a canvas - we choose a rectangle 16X20. But they also have bride and groom whole bunch of things/images they shape too. I think it may be $100 normally for that size (Our groupon was $45) but they are having a 30% sale off everything now. So we made one of our 6 years together figured I could display at the wedding as well as our walls later. We havent gotten it yet to speak of quality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the ideas. I am considering just using memory boards with the ribbons to secure the photos. I will have to look into scrap walls.
  • You can display photos in W.B Mason jars or hang them on twine held together with laundy clips. It is an expensive way of displaying photos. We used a photo card display for our wedding.

• We had a different photo on each table, framed them in black matt frames (spelling?) & displayed them on easels.  I'm actually selling the easels if you're interested.  Just email me via the "private message" link.  Anyway, the place cards & tables were labeled by picture.  For example, there was Table 1 - The Kennedy Plaza Table & then the picture frame itself was labeled as well.

• Using this string/wire and small wire clips you can create a photo-timeline of your and your fiance, relatively inexpensively...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards