June 2013 Weddings

Save the dates?

I'm thinking we're going to send our save the dates out around Sept or Oct...or is that too early? when were you ladies planning to send them out?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the dates?

• I plan on sending mine out late summer... probably in August.  We have a lot of OOT guests coming, some even from out of the country (FI is from Bosnia).  So naturally, I want all of those people to have plenty of time to plan their trip.
    June 2013~Venue
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I plan to send mine around August because, like sfischer87, I have a lot of OOT guests that usually plan their summer trips around that time. Sept/Oct should be fine. =)

{June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm planning on sending mine out Oct or Nov

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think September or October should be just fine.

Hoping to get ours out in July or August. The great majority of our guests are OOT and we want to give them plenty of time to plan ahead, save up if they need to, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • July/August for us.  We're international and expecting alot of international guests.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Typically STD's go out 6-8 months before the wedding. Since that's right smack in the middle of the holiday season, and 2/3 of our guest list will have to travel a fair distance, we'll prob send them out late oct. But if you have international travellers like PP's then I'd consider sending them even earlier. It really depends on your guest list.
    Photobucket
  • I am planning on sending mine out Oct or Nov. We do have some OOTers but not a ton of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm thinking we will send ours out sometime August or early September. We also have alot of OOT. Actually most of them are.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm pretty well on board with the majority here. We've set our date (pending venues we're probably going to book). We've been telling people through word of mouth and will probably send them out in the fall. FI and I are from different states so we have about 1/4-1/3 of our guests from out of town.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're sending ours out in late September/early October to give our out of town guests a chance to plan for travel. We've also let a few of our guests who have  rigid work schedules/long distances to travel know of the date already, especially since some of them are also traveling for my sister's wedding this fall.
  • We were thinking October or November. Most of my guests are in town...we do have a few out of towners but I think that will be enough time for them to figure out arrangements. 

*sidenote* I'm so freaking excited!!! Laughing
  • Klyn1983Klyn1983 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We plan on sending ours out in July/August. I'm so excited about it! We ordered a sample from Bed Bath & Beyond for the magnet STD, but it seemed really cheap and barely stayed on the fridge. I think we are going to end up buying from an Etsy vendor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eep!  I started looking at and designing some Save the Dates last week.  I cannot believe it's coming up so quick!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards