Vermont

Flowers- sticker shock!

Can anyone recommend a reasonable florist???

I just got my first quote and was a little shocked at the $3000 price tag.  Should I be adjusting my budget or is this a little pricey?  100 person wedding- 14 tables, 6 bridesmaids.  August.

Re: Flowers- sticker shock!

• BrycedanceBrycedance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in VT are you getting married?  Jerome the Florist in Barre is reasonable and very good.  For my reception flowers I'm actually ordering bulk flowers from an online site which will save a lot of money...

Some of the bulk flower sites out there:

fiftyflowers.com
    costco.com
    growersbox.com
    theflowerexchange.com
    weddingflowersofamerica.com
    bloomsbythebox.com

I hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I need about the same amount of flowers as you do.  I had sticker shock too.  I don't want to save money by using cheap or less flowers, so I decided that I am going to order them wholesale online. 
    I fell in love with the look of this bouquet:http://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/weddings/flowers/wedding-flowers-bouquets-supermarket-00000000000483/page9.html

It has white roses, white fresia, peach tulips, and pink ranunculus.  I am ordering 250 of each stem for $980.  I don't want any fillers, but that could have made it cheaper.  This would have been atleast 5 times the price at a florist.

If you DIY, each centerpiece should have atleast 25 stems (may vary depending on flowers...hydrangea for example are very large).  A good vase size is 5x5x5

Costco.com doesn't have the flower varieties I need, but I think they have the best prices, so you should check them out.
    image Meghan-Marrying Rick May 28, 2011. Yayy!
  • VTBride10VTBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Just Weddings. Katherine was great - my flowers were beautiful and we only needed them for the ceremony but it was less than $400 for myself, 3 BMs, 6 bouts, small bouquets for moms, flower girl petals, and delivery. good luck!

Katherine Dudley
    http://justweddingsvt.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the information!  I'll check Katherine out.

I'm a liitle scared of DIY, but that seems like the most affordable and viable option.  Please let me know how it goes for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out justweddingvt.com they are really good and affordable. There is also Pecks floral shop as well in Morrisville they to are good and work within your budget! Good luck.

Jackie
  • mmagounmmagoun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Michelle at Petals is very reasonable. 
  • subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know where you are, but Vermont Country Flowers was great for us, Debbie is the owner, here's the website (that's my husband and I on her main page!) She's outside of Springfield, and it seems she'll travel pretty far.  She was quick to respond to us via e-mail.  Good luck!

http://www.vtcountryflowers.com/welcome.html
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards