Virginia

*FREE* Gift Calls After Bridal Show

So me and my mom went to the bridal show this past weekend at Point Plaza in Newport News.  Yesterday I got a call from "Dinner for Two" stating that I won two prizes.  The first being a set of tungston wedding rings.  The second being a 3 day 2 night trip to one of five resorts.  Only thing we would have to pay for is travel.  What I need to know is if anyone else has gotten these calls and if you have gone, are they legit.  It just sounds too good to be true.  TIA

Re: *FREE* Gift Calls After Bridal Show

• edited December 2011
    I got a bunch of those calls after the Bridal Show I went to. I assumed they were bogus AND they always called at inconveniet times. Needless to say I never took the bait.

I CAN tell you that my 69 yr old coworker wanted to take his wife on vacation. He found a deal that was too good to be true, and it was. It was one of these cheap trips to Cancun and when he got there, they realized they were at a resort in the middle of nowhere (not on the strip, like they'd thought) and they were informed they just had to sit through a timeshare presentation. When they did, and declined an offer to purchase a timeshare...the folks got REALLY nasty with them. They sent in their boss who basically lectured them about all of the nice things they got etc etc...So much so that it made his wife cry hysterically. They didn't finish the rest of the vacation, but purchased tickets and flew home immediately.

Moral- If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    PS I didnt spell check anything in there, so forgive me if there are errors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Some things are to good to be true. The trips are never what they seem. Though the rings might be real. So I would check into that.
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards