Hawaii

Honeymoon registry

Hi Knotties,

We are heading to the Big Island for some relaxation a couple days after our Maui wedding.  We want to register for our Big Island honeymoon.  Has anyone registered for their honeymoon before?  What companies are the best and easiest to use?

Thanks!!!

Re: Honeymoon registry

• madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using www.travelersjoy.com

We just set it up and only have one person who has bought us anything but we like the set up and ease of use!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have experience with any of the sites, but wanted to highlight a few cautions that seem common...

1) be aware that honeymoon registries often take a significant cut, so rather than get the full value of the gift, you end up with a little less.

2) you get cash in the end, not actual activities

3) many guests give gifts well after the wedding, so you should be careful to use these gifts only as supplements to your honeymoon, and not in order to fund it (as you cannot count on anything coming through)

4) some guests could perceive this as rude...either asking them to fund your vacation, or an attempt at getting cash.  I think people get unnecessarily worked up on this point, but just for your awareness...
  • edited December 2011
    honeyfund doesn't take any cut of the money. it's basically a website that you set up, stores your address and gives it to the buyer, so they can send you a check (if not using Paypal).

like Tanq said people do get their panties in a bunch about it - but if you don't need housewares, you don't need housewares. people may or may not just give you cash, regardless. but, I would make sure you can afford the honeymoon and not count on the registry. we had a majority (90%) of people give us cash/checks at the wedding... our honeymoon deposits, etc were due at the time of booking.

ETA: there are travel agents that can book activities, etc for you and people "pay" for that. I think a friend of a friend used... Liberty Travel? something like that. so at her shower she opened printed pieces of paper of the activites that people had purchased for her.
  • samgirlsamgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used http://www.depositagift.com it's an awesome site and they have a rapid registry tool that already has the hawaii honeymoon list made, so setup is really easy. our guests really liked it and said they thought it was a lot more fun to contribute to parts of our trip than random housewares they knew we didn't really need. personally i wouldn't use honeyfund...it's kind of like the kmart of honeymoon registries. it's not really free b/c there are ads on your site and it uses paypal which i think is cumbersome. we went with deposit a gift because it works the most like a regular registry, they take credit cards and have a customer service number. there is a fee, but they let you choose who pays for it. we had our guests pay b/c it's still way less than tax and the outrageous costs of wedding gift shipping.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using www.travelersjoy.com, too.  I really like the layout and everything else.  I'm not going to concern myself with if it makes other ppl upset.  I don't need a bunch of junk for my house.  We have more than enough and don't need anymore. 
  • BrideCa2011BrideCa2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_honeymoon-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:cd98fdf4-a2f2-4332-9fe3-cde1c9d9ce08Post:b7015ef7-4af2-41dd-a1b5-4ea560503b74">Re: Honeymoon registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going to concern myself with if it makes other ppl upset.  I don't need a bunch of junk for my house.  We have more than enough and don't need anymore. 
    Posted by kimmykupcakes[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree- we don't need the traditional stuff since we have been living together- we are using a "wish" registry since we did want to add some furniture on it as well- but mainly some honeymoon fun stuff.  We are using <a href="http://www.uponourstar.com" rel='nofollow'>www.uponourstar.com</a> and so far- I find it super easy.  I had it all set up but we had a date change, so now I have to edit things- and it is super user friendly.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards