Getting in Shape

How do you stay motivated?

I hate to P&R but I'm going into a meeting so I'll be back later.

I was wondering how everyone stays motivated? My wedding isn't for another year and 9 months, so I have time, but will need to go dress shopping at a year out. I don't want to be one of those brides that buys the dress in a size she hopes to be, I will buy the dress for the size I am at that time.

That being said, I need to/want to lose about 80 lbs, which at a loss of 2 lbs per week over the next 9 months isn't unrealistic. My problem is that I let myself off the hook REALLY easily. I'll often get into an exercise program and start feeling good, but then I'll have one day where I'm tired so I'll let myself off the hook b/c I'm doing good, then one day turns into two, and well you get the picture.

So how do you all stay motivated? Any tips or suggestions?

Anniversary

Re: How do you stay motivated?

• 2 lbs a week is a healthy amounf of weight to lose so goodforyou for keeping the goal realistic! in order to stay motivated, you've got to appreciate the small goals. Set weekly goals, ie: this week I'm going to work out 4 times for 40 minutes each day or this week I'm going to eat less processed foods. A problem a lot of people seem to have is that they only focus on the big goal, not the little ones along the way. I've got about a 30 lbs weight loss in mind, i've lost 15 so far and am really focusing on toning and riding of the last 15 but I don't focus on 30, I focus it on 5 lbs at a time, that way I'm not overwhelmed with such a big number. Also, I've set a goal of running various road races over the summer, ending in September with a half-marathon. I'm a competetor, I was an athlete all my life so training for specific races has helped keep me on track.
     Also, I don't know how you feel about "diets" but Atkins is fantastic. The
    "new" version of it is healthier than when it first came out. The focus ought to be on non-complex carbs, such as fruit and veggies + lean meat. Just because bacon is deemed "acceptable" on Atkins, does not give you a free pass to east it. I'm currently on Atkins, I have been since mid-January. I love it.
    Good Luck to you!
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards