New Jersey
Options

Reception Location Suggestions

Hello everyone,

I am newly engaged and am looking for some suggestions as to where to have my wedding reception. My fiance and I are hoping to get married in fall of 2013 (we're thinking October 26th, November 2nd, or November 9th). We are planning on inviting around 150 people. We are open to having the reception on a Friday night, though we'd really rather have it on a Saturday. In addition, we're hoping not to spend over $150 per plate.

A few venues we are already checking out include: The Primavera, il Tulipano, il Villaggio, The Manor in West Orange.

The Venetian has the look I was hoping for- but I've heard that it is very expensive...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Reception Location Suggestions

• Options
    Congrats!  We booked our wedding at The Wilshire Grand in West Orange.  John is absolutely amazing and he worked with us on our budget.  I would highly recommend checking them out.  Good Luck :-)
  • Options
    The Venetian is actually not very expensive at all.
    I went there for a quote for my April 26, 2013 wedding and it was about $150 with tax and gratuity. If it's the look you are going for it's definitely worth a look, but keep in mind that their minimum is 200 guests.

My reception is at the Seasons, which is the same owner as the Venetian. They have the same price, but they require a 175 minimum for the Grand Ballroom and they have a smaller upstairs room for slightly smaller weddings (the room is still very big). Worth a look as well. Plus, the owner, Carl Carfello is amazing to work with. He really worked with my budget well and I'm getting the whole nine yards there. FYI...The venetian hour in both places is amazing!!! Defintiely worth the extra $$

• Options
    Definately check out the Park Savoy. I am getting married there next March. It's newly renovated; the ballroom is stunning and the plus is that it is one event at a time. I can't really speak for pricing in the fall, but in off peak season they are very reasonable. I managed to get them to throw in an extra station, plus free vienesse hour. I am working with Melanie and she is fantastic. They always get back to you pretty quickly if you have any questions or concerns as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second Seasons.  Same owners as the Venetian and a similar look and feel, and it could probably work into your budget.

My wedding is there in October and they have been great so far as well.  They were great when we were negoitiating a price and were willing to be flexible with their minimum requirements.  Definitely woth a visit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We just got married & we used South Gate Manor in Freehold.  Wow, were they are amazing!!!  The facility is gorgeous with a beautiful outdoor area with a water feature.  Cocktail hour is incredible, the service is impecable & on top of everything I had a woman follow me around - not just the maitre'd - who made sure my dress was perfect, helped me use the bathroom with my dress & made sure we had everything we needed...  We asked them to make cheesesteak eggrolls - told them how to make them & they served them at the cocktail hour.  They were even willing to make my special salad dressing that we all love, but honestly theirs sounded better, so we chose theirs.

I was told by many of our guests that it was the best wedding they had ever been to.
  • Options
    H if you don't mind me asking how much per head was it was the wilkshire? I was looking into it, thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards