Maine

Parents Gifts?

What are you doing/did you do for parents gifts? Both sets of parents are helping us a lot, so we want to get something nice. I'm thinking a gift certificate to an Inn or Resort somewhere in the state, but I'm not sure where. Any good ideas? We're looking to spend around $200 or so for each set of parents.

Re: Parents Gifts?

• edited December 2011
    We are going to make our own parent albums from the wedding and that's about it.  FI and I are paying for our own wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just going to get nice frames from Things Remembered for them to put a wedding photo in - we're also paying for the wedding ourselves.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011
    Our parents told us they really didn't want us to spend the money on them, so we got them nice picture frames with engagement pictures in them, and will get wedding photos to put in.

If they like to go out to dinner, a gift cert to a nice place would be a good idea, or a night at an inn somewhere they like to visit. The Camden/Rockland area is a favorite of mine.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, dinner is a good idea too and we wouldn't have to spend as much. I was only thinking of spending so much if we did a weekend away somewhere... I'll look into the Camden/Rockport area though. I'm just not familiar with any local inn/resorts.
  • edited December 2011
    I've only stayed at the Samoset, and it was fantastic! But pricey.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There's a really nice B&B in Camden- Captain's Inn I believe- that i stayed at last year.  There are lots of B&B's and that can be a really nice weekend for not too expensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We framed our invitations in a nice frame and left a spot for a pic, from the Wedding thath we will mail to them after the Wedding as part of the gift, cost $20.00 each and they loved them!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards