Florida-Central Florida
Options

New to the Knot

Hello Ladies,

I'm newly engaged and considering setting the date as soon as March 20, 2011, which is about 6 months away (what are we thinking...;-) Like many many others, we are working with a serious budget of 5k-6k and about 100 guest. We've been tossing around the idea of an outdoor wedding. Looking for a few budget friendly venue and ideas...

Even considering traveling a hr for a nice venue and even better budget. What have you experience with Harbor Hill Country Club?

Re: New to the Knot

• Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not really familiar with that venue, but I just wanted to say congratulations and welcome! I got married on March 20 too! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

I don't much information on venues because I only looked at one.  I know some of the other girls will have suggestions.  I did want to say congrats and good luck with the planning :)
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Sorry, I've never heard of that venue either. I just wanted to say that even though it's only 6 months away, I think it's totally doable. Good Luck planning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_new-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:f547b734-11b7-451e-9208-5ebaa837e1b0Post:1da59608-b4ad-4460-81eb-ef7faf068098">New to the Knot</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Ladies, I'm newly engaged and considering setting the date as soon as March 20, 2011, which is about 6 months away (what are we thinking...;-) Like many many others, we are working with a serious budget of 5k-6k and about 100 guest. We've been tossing around the idea of an outdoor wedding. Looking for a few budget friendly venue and ideas... Even considering traveling a hr for a nice venue and even better budget. What have you experience with Harbor Hill Country Club?
    Posted by cetienne1[/QUOTE]

I don't have any experience with it, but it may be difficult to provide food and drinks for 100 guests on under 5--6k at a country club (assuming your gown, floral, photographer, cake, etc also have to come out of that budget.) Ask if they have cheaper rates for friday or sunday weddings! good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Just to let you know places in central florida book fast I would call around to bunch of places to check their availability.
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With that budget, you will probably need to look into someplace that will let you bring food and drinks from anywhere. I don't think you can do a 100 person wedding with a full meal at any place that has any catering restrictions. My budget is $8000 for a 100 person wedding and we are on budget as of now only because I have found some awesome deals ($10 shoes, friend performing the ceremony, half price cupcake gift certificates) along the way. I would look into places like historic sites or state or city parks or gardens. You might be able to find some deals that way. You could consider a dessert only reception or a brunch as well which would bring your costs down also because food is the major budget chunk. Doing it at an off time would also give you more availability at venues that may be booked already. Good luck!

**EDIT: This is assuming that the 5-6K is your entire budget, not just your reception budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards