Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

i Fratelli Rehearsal Dinner (Irving) - Any praise or warnings?

Fiance and I checked out i Fratelli on MacArthur for our rehearsal dinner location and so far think it will be a good option.  The back room is private enough and seats 40 comfortably.  There are food packages including appetizer and dessert for $19.95 per person and you can bring in your own wine (corking fee applies).

Has anyone worked with them before?  Should I run away or sign an agreement?

Re: i Fratelli Rehearsal Dinner (Irving) - Any praise or warnings?

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to that location a couple of times and it's great but never for a group event.
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our church uses them a lot to cater (one of the brothers is a member) and the portion sizes and salads were never great. Their pizza is awesome--that's the only thing I've eaten in the restaurant, though. I didn't see a back room when I was there--it seemed too small. I guess we missed it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sis had her RD there about 5 yrs ago and it was great. And that was at the old, small location, so I think it would be great.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my bridesmaid's sisters had her RD there and raved about it. Plus their food is amazing. I'm not sure there's a totally separate back room, but I know it had to be pretty secluded for her to be happy with it.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love iFratelli's, especially the pizza. And it's great that you can bring your own wine!

I've been sat in the back room a few times during busy lunch hours, and I remember thinking it was small. Also everything echoed in the room, which was annoying one time because there were a few crying children sitting on the opposite side. I would think, though, that if it's all family, it will be fine.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love iFratelli's, there food is so good. I have eaten in the retaurant section in the past, but never been to a function in the private room. I think it will work well for a RD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them for our rehearsal.. its a nice restraunt.. my rehearsal was in the afternoon so I choose different items from the lunch menu and reprinted them on nice paper- they service was great- the only thing is you cant have more then 20 people in the room- we had 20 people and we were little smushed
  • Options
    haley05aggiehaley05aggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not actually going to be in the back room, it's more of a semi-private area on your way to the back room.  It's not perfect, but I think we'll be fine.  We ended up with a large wedding party and with parents, siblings and grandparents it comes out to 37 people.

I was shocked that they are going to let us bring our own wine.  The corking fee is high ($10) but compared to the $28 per bottle they were going to charge for Beringer (seriously?) we'll still come out ahead.

I'm glad to see that all of you had positive things to say! Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used to like Riuniti Lambrusco (laugh all you want).  We'd see it all the Olive Garden (laugh even more, Emi) and it would be $15-20 for a $3 bottle of wine.  I refuse to buy wine at a restaurant. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey!!! buy a BIG double size bottle of wine... will that count for just one $10 fee per bottle?
    we are also byob to the researal dinner, but there is no corking fee.
  • Options
    haley05aggiehaley05aggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THAT is a great idea, Bridget!  I think we will.  :)
  • Options
    bravesgyrlbravesgyrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used to have corporate meetings in their private room (no wine, though) and they were wonderful.  I think their portions are HUGE, but that's just me.
    Go for it girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards