Pre-wedding Parties
Options

ideas for a lingerie shower?

I am throwing a lingerie shower for my best friend and am in desperate need of some cute party themes. I have never thrown a shower for anyone so I am a bit cluelessl. I wanted to do a tea party where everyone can wear big hats and sundresses because I know she would absolutely love this kind of party, but was unsure if it goes with lingerie. Can I pull this kind of party off or does anyone have any better ideas?

Re: ideas for a lingerie shower?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...."lovely lady tea party" seems a bit incongruous with a lingerie shower. 

Why not do more of an evening, cocktail sort of shower at a fancy bar or nightclub that has spaces available for private events?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend is throwing me a "Naughty & Nice" lingerie shower party.  Should be interesting.
  • Options
    LEESHY09LEESHY09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As I said, I am new to this and was just trying to get ideas on how to do this for my friend. I have been to showers with themes and had suggested attire before and personally did not think it was rude. But it is good to know that some people do think it is rude so I can stay away from that. I like the idea about doing a cocktail party though. Thanks for the advice and any other ideas are welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how many people you are inviting if it would be rude to ask people to follow a theme, in my opinion at least.  If you are inviting a bunch of extended family and friends it may be weird to tell them to dress a certain way.  However, if it is mostly a group of friends that you are close with I think your idea of a theme is really cute if it fits the bride's style.  I personally love the irony of being lady like in dresses and big hats and giving lingerie as gifts. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How is inviting somene to a party where they have to dress a certain way only on Halloween? You abide by a dressing code even as a wedding guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards