New York-Western

Rochester vendor review from summer wedding!

Hi ladies, I'm finally getting around to posting my vendor reviews from our wedding this summer. I hope it helps! Choosing everything can be so overwhelming!

Dress: I bought my dress at David's bridal in Henrietta. I had a $1500 budget and found a really great dress that was under 1000 and was really good quality. The service there isn't bad but it's always really crowded so an appointment is a must. We didn't get the bridesmaid dresses there though because we didn't like their selection- they weren't well made and didn't flatter even my skinny girls!

Bridesmaid dresses: Bridal Belle. They had a ton of options there, both short and long. The downfall is there is only 1 dress in each style so you have to imagine the color and if it doesn't fit your girls, you either have to pin them in to try to see what it looks like or not zip it all the way. Most dresses were between a 6 and a 12.

Reception: Monroe Golf Club in Pittsford. This is a private club but its really gorgeous. It had an amazing outdoor patio that was huge. We had 200 people at our wedding and it fit everyone with out being to crowded but still felt cozy. The food way amazing- people are still telling us how great it was, and the service is wonderful. VERY strong drinks, but it made for an exciting night :-) There were obviously things that went wrong throughout the evening, but most we didn't find out about until after the fact. Everything was taken care of so we could enjoy the evening!

Church: St. Stanislaus. This is a Polish church that holds special importance to me. It really regal inside, even though the area isn't great. We really enjoyed Dean James. He's a little old school with his teachings, but we learned a lot from him and found him to be a good support for us.

Photographer: JP from Magic Moments of Rochester, I can not even begin to tell you now impressed my husband and I have been with Magic Moments. They have unlimited time with you- which is great. Their packages start at 1999 and go up to 3999. They are artsy but still get the traditional shots. JP was so fun to work with and made us feel really comfortable. Our thank you cards were amazing! They had our pictures on them. We got a lot of compliments on them! My great Aunt even took hers to card night with the ladies to show it off. lol They have a lot in their packages, including purchasing the copyright to your pictures. You also get to meet with their graphic designer to lay our your album. All of the staff is really professional and friendly. They do great work.

Flowers: Penfield Flower Barn. We worked with Sally and loved her ideas. For a little bit more, she gave us complete "day of" service. She delivered all the flowers (and went to 2 locations since we wanted to bouquets at my house but the rest at the church). She stayed through the reception and delivered everything to the country club. I had 8 BMs, 7 GMs, 2 RBs then our parents. We did 2 big arrangements for the church, had flowers for our readers, and flowers around the cake. The whole thing was under 2000. We didn't have fresh flowers on the tables though. We found Sally to be really sweet and professional- she even fanned me at the back of the church since it was super hot. She checked in before we walked down the isle to make sure I was happy with everything.

DJ: Whirlin' Disc. LOVED our DJ. We payed $550 for 6 hours of service with an additional 50 (I think) for a wireless system to go out to the patio. You are able to choose what type of a DJ you want for the wedding- out going, middle of the road or conservative. We went middle of the road. Our dance floor was packed all night and the DJ was able to read the crowd and stuck with what we wanted.

Tuxes: Tuxedo Junction. Not bad. Our RBs had to pay 98, which stinks since they are so little. But they had a lot of options. My husband's shirt came in super long and 2 of the ties were wrong but they were able to fix it right away.

Baker- Designed Elegance by Jon in Spencerport. Jon's cakes are to die for! He makes a white chocolate butter cream frosting that literally melts in your mouth. He charges 550 for any wedding cake, then $3 per slice after that for the kitchen cake. You can have unlimited filling and he has a lot to choose from. We went with white cake with raspberry mouse and chocolate fudge with the white chocolate butter cream. He does really great work and gave us exactly what we wanted. He worked well with our florist and was recommendation to us by friends who are in the wedding business.

Limo: Golden Memories. We had a 22 person charter bus for $550 for 6 hours. Our driver was great. He helped out in areas that I didn't even know limo drivers did! He helped open and close the doors at the church and helped out during pictures.

Videographer: We used SEVideo. I'm not sure if they are still accepting new clients. We went with them because our friends worked there, but ended up leaving. The owner is really hot headed and not very kind. My friend finished our video and it came out great, but I don't think I'd recommend the company now.

Rehearsal dinner: We had about 100 people at our rehearsal. It was all family and wanted them all to be there to celebrate with us. We had it at the Rohrbach community center at charlotte beach. You get the whole upstairs- which is huge. there's a big patio and has a stair case out to the beach. You have to set it up and tear it down, but it wasn't a problem for us. It was $500 to rent for 12 hours, so we had family there all day while we were at rehearsal. We had Dino BBQ cater. There is a little kitchen in the back of the room where you can keep stuff in an oven or fridge if you need to.

Hair/Make-up: Millennium Salon in Gate. I go here for my haircuts. Christine is the owner and she's great. I paid 120 for hair and make up with a trial. The other girls there are really good too. We had 1 girl who was slow because she was newer, but it wasn't a big deal. Christine goes to different workshops and classes every Monday when the studio is closed so she is up on all the newest trends. She's really great to work with and helped make everyone look beautiful. She's a perfectionist so she won't let anyone leave without looking their best!

Good luck and happy planning! You'll miss it when it's over- even though it can be stressful!
Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!

Re: Rochester vendor review from summer wedding!

• michellep1michellep1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this!  I really like your rehearsal dinner idea, I might do something similar myself since I'm from Charlotte!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Monroe Golf Club! They're amazing - I'm glad you had such a great experience!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards