June 2012 Weddings
Options

Sunday morning whine

Fi and I went skiing yesterday. He's a wonderful skiier and has been doing it his whole life. Me not so much. He bought me skis/boots/poles last year for Christmas and I went 5 times last year (up in MI and in Indiana..not out west or anywhere cool). I got better than I expected but by no means am I good.

It's been such a warm winter that yesterday was only the 2nd time we've gone this year. I made a little progress and tried some harder hills. The snow was crap..there's not actual snow down here. I took a couple of good spills..the worst I bashed my cheek on the ground and hit my butt pretty good. We got home and my back hurt and my butt.

I woke up this morning to a definite case of whiplash. Holy hell...didn't think that was going to happen. In good news, it makes everything else that was hurting not feel bad anymore :)

We're going to look at tuxes for the groomsmen. And I think we might be booking our HM! Anyone else have anything fun going on?
June 16, 2012

Re: Sunday morning whine

• Options
    Oh, that sounds like us when we go skiing. FI grew up with it. I just started. I was really looking forward to going this year, but it has just been so warm.

If it makes you feel better, the first time we went snowboarding, I had to be carried out of the ski lodge.  Try and imagine a 5'9" person being carried by two people that don't even reach 5'5". It would have been funny if it didn't hurt so much. My ankle was hurt so badly I needed an MRI.

We are supposed to be going shopping to get a suit for FI, register at Crate and Barrel, and some special groceries at the Chinese store so I can make sinigang. Mmmm....  Not quite sure what FI is doing that we haven't left yet.
  • Options
    FI is also a long time skier. I went with him one year and it is scary! lol. I'm too afraid of falling that I don't actually actually move at all, and just end up letting myself fly straight down the hill. I know this is very illogical. I fell a few times and took one good tumble where a few somersaults were involved.

This week should be very productive. Looking at houses tomorrow, and Wednesday will be the hair and make up trial, and registering. I'm so excited and tired of waiting!
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I could ski.  I went once and nearly knocked myself out from falling while I had a lot of momentum going.  Ski related injuries suck!  Feel better and put some heat on your neck.
  • Options
    I am skiing-challenged. I can't even walk in them, so I applaud you! I'm also afraid of ski lifts so I don't really know why anyone ever wanted me to learn to ski when I wouldn't be able to get on any of the hills.

I'm sorry you've got a bad case of whiplash and I hope you're feeling better soon! Aching bodies are no fun.

Were you skiing at Perfects by chance? I love their tubing hills.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_sunday-morning-whine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:e288025c-bcdf-4ce8-b413-86124933b965Post:ee0f64c8-d89d-4912-a51a-d638895c8fe7">Re: Sunday morning whine</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am skiing-challenged. I can't even walk in them, so I applaud you! I'm also afraid of ski lifts so I don't really know why anyone ever wanted me to learn to ski when I wouldn't be able to get on any of the hills.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]
    My feelings exactly! <div>
    </div><div>I hope your body heals quickly!</div>
  • Options
    Ouch! Whiplash is the worst! I have been skiing my whole life and just took up snowboarding. My first time down the "big" hill on my snowboard, I fell and hit my head so hard. The next  day...so. much. neckpain. I know how you feel!!

Hope you are feeling better toda.y
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards