Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Once Upon a Time in México!

Wednesday night I went to bed as I normally did, thinking everything was normal.  Little did I know what the next weekend had in store for me!  Thursday morning I woke up to the sound of my door being opened and quite surprised when Ben walked in the door with a dozen red roses and a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.  In fact I believe my reaction was “what are you doing here???”.  Ben then told me that I had to pack because we were going on vacation.  At this point I thought that he had lost his mind.  I told him that our vacation was next week (to North Carolina).  He told me that he had another one planned and that I needed to get up so I can pack.  It was then that I threw out my second rebuttal saying “Ben I have to work, what are you thinking? I can’t go on vacation!!” He then told me not to worry about it that he talked to my work and everything was approved.  I was skeptical at first, but he told me that I was just going to have to trust him and go with the flow (and for all those who know me, I am not a very go-with-the-flow girl). 

I began packing from the list that Ben gave me.  I noticed the first item was my passport and was instantly intrigued.  Of course Ben wouldn’t give me any details, so I just started packing.  Ben went downstairs to set some final plans for the trip.  Because I had no idea what was going on and trying to pack as quickly as possible, I just started throwing items into my suitcase.  I hope that I had everything, because for the first time ever, I didn’t have to sit on my suitcase to zip it closed! After packing we were off to the airport!

When we arrived to the Dayton Airport I quickly learned that we were on our way to Cancun.  At this point I think my head was going crazy! I was excited/, nervous and curious all at the same time.  We had a quick lay-over in Charlotte, where I learned that Ben received and e-mail from my manager, approving my time off and pre-congratulating us (which I found out at the end of the trip).  Then we boarded our plane and we were on our to Mexico!

Once in Mexico we found our shuttle and I learned we were on our way to our resort, called the Princess.  It was a beautiful place and I was so excited!  Ben and I made it to our room, which was about a 10 minute walk because it was right by the ocean.

When we got there, he instructed me to shower and get ready while he “takes care of things”.   So I followed directions and began to get ready.  During this time Ben was running around like a mad man trying to get everything together.  Finally he got everything in order, not quite the way he wanted to, but I had no idea.  We headed up to the main lobby area of the resort where all the restaurants and shops were for dinner.  We went to Le Fleur International restaurant.  This was supposed to be the nicest restaurant in the resort.  The menu was quite unique, it included lots of fish, ostrich, lamb, and beef with chocolate.  I got the beef and Ben ventured to get the lamb.  I liked my dinner and Ben thought that his was OK.

After our dinner we were headed back to the room and Ben suggested that we take a walk on the beach.  I said ok, even though it was kind of dark.  As we were walking out, right in front of the resort there was strong odor coming from the water, so we started walking further away.  We were walking for about 10 minutes when Ben could tell that I was getting tired.  He asked me if I was ready to go back and I said yes.  As I started to turn around, he quickly grabbed my hand and asked me to wait a minute. 

He then pulled me closer to him and began to tell me about the path that his life had taken.  He mentioned that 4 ½ years ago his path was joined together with another path and he has been happy ever since.  He then told me that he never wanted to part paths and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.   It took me only a few quick seconds to say “YES!” and give him the biggest hug ever.

Then Ben pulled out his I-pod with these cute little speakers and we just sat on the beach listening to some background music for a little bit and enjoying each other’s company.  We then tried to have a mini-photo shoot, which was a little hard to do by ourselves.  We were able to get a couple good ones though!

The next three days were spent spending millions of dollars calling our family and a couple friends, relaxing and soaking up the sun.

Coming home was hard, but exciting all at the same time because now we get to plan our wedding!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Once Upon a Time in México!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards