Favors

How early is too early?

Hello,

I am getting married next June and was wondering if it was too early to put together my favour boxes. They are extremly time consuming, i have about 25 done and was wondering if i should continue to finish them or should i wait a few months before the wedding to finish them.  How far in advance did you put yours together and where/how did you store them?

Thanks in advance!

Re: How early is too early?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say it's never too early.  I think I started working on my candy boxes early on--I wanted to get them out of the way and they took forever.  I stored them in my hall closet. They were the Chinese take out boxes so I was able to stack them one inside of another which was helpful.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have the time now then I say go for it!  If you put everything off until a few months before your wedding then you'll drive yourself crazy trying to finish it all.  I stored most of my wedding stuff in boxes on the top of my closet, under the bed, and even some in random corners in the house.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bdjune11bdjune11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the advice! :):)
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely do it now if you have the time.  Who knows what might come up down the line, and you don't want to be stressed!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance, his aunt, and I had a little party last month and put all 200 of our favor boxes together. Our wedding isn't until June 4th, but we wanted to get it out of the way. Thankfully we didn't wait until a couple months before the wedding to put them together because we were missing 6 box lids and had a hard time getting ahold of customer service and having the missing lids sent to us!
  • bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say if you have the time, then do it now.  I am not getting married till July 23, 2011, but I am a full-time student, work 2 jobs and am in a campus singing group.  So when I have time to do wedding related things, I try and get them done asap.  I know that in the long-run, I will be glad that I worked ahead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards