Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How late is too late? Opinion "poll"

Due to J's health, we have never taken a trip together, aside from weekend trips to see my family & friends 3-5 hours away. Shortly after we married, he went in for a surgery, and is up for another one within 2 weeks.

So how late is too late to take our HM? When we do finally take our first trip together, it will be elaborate, relaxing and for a long period of time. Will this be our HM? Or has the bird flown the coop on that one?

Re: How late is too late? Opinion "poll"

• Options
    I vote that it's your honeymoon. 
  • Options
    IMO, it is never too late to go on your HM.
  • Options
    When you do get to take it, call it what you want.  I don't think it really matters.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    my vote is over a year after your wedding. After that I'd just call it vacation.

FWIW my friends took a 2 day honeymoon less than 50 miles from where they were married. It doesnt have to be a huge trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options

NEVER TOO LATE!  Our wedding is Labor Day and FI is a teacher and starts school the week before it.  I refuse to travel during Christmas, February break and Spring break with the rest of world so we aren't doing our HM until Summer of 2011 which will be almost a year later! 

• Options
    It's never too late for a HM. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I mean I wouldn't do a honeymoon registry for it, but I don't think it really matters what you call it :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I think it can be whatever you want it to be.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_late-late-opinion-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d722251-4fc4-493b-bbfb-0c37b1d53a78Post:3c8a721c-c7e6-4f91-8095-54d3754d7df7">Re: How late is too late? Opinion "poll"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mean I wouldn't do a honeymoon registry for it, but I don't think it really matters what you call it :)
    Posted by tlv204[/QUOTE]

Damn it, TLV. Way to ruin the dreams there.
  • Options
    IMO, it is never too late to go on your HM. <-- this Smile
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We've been married 26 years and still haven't taken a honeymoon.  Maybe for our 30th anniversary?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_late-late-opinion-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d722251-4fc4-493b-bbfb-0c37b1d53a78Post:7be550c9-55bb-43a0-a6dd-105eb5b92075">Re: How late is too late? Opinion "poll"</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've been married 26 years and still haven't taken a honeymoon.  Maybe for our 30th anniversary?
    Posted by gailpete[/QUOTE]

Haha!  At 30 years I think I'll be more excited to say "I've been married for 30 years" than "I'm on my Honeymoon," but if you want to call it that, I don't see why it's a problem.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Honeymoon!  Why not?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Who cares what you call it. If you want to call it a honeymoon, call it a honeymoon. Call it a long-overdue vacation. Hell, call it a fuckfest. Wink
  • Options
    Ha! Sara! I'm not really worried about what to call it, honestly. I don't really care what it's called. I was just wondering what you guys thought. Fuckfest it is!!! :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_late-late-opinion-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d722251-4fc4-493b-bbfb-0c37b1d53a78Post:7be550c9-55bb-43a0-a6dd-105eb5b92075">Re: How late is too late? Opinion "poll"</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've been married 26 years and still haven't taken a honeymoon.  Maybe for our 30th anniversary?
    Posted by gailpete[/QUOTE]

This, but 25 years, and it is my parents.  I think if my parents had the time and money, and went on an elaborate vacation without kids, that would totally be their honeymoon, even after all these years.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_late-late-opinion-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d722251-4fc4-493b-bbfb-0c37b1d53a78Post:9341e5fd-9c34-4618-84f4-2b915398cfc8">Re: How late is too late? Opinion "poll"</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you do get to take it, call it what you want.  I don't think it really matters.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

This.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably qualify it with 'belated' when speaking about it to family and friends, but I'd sure as hell tell strangers that we were on our honeymoon!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I don't think my parents ever took a honeymoon, either. Often happens that way when you elope. They are looking at a big family vacation a couple of years from now for their 50th. I'm hoping for the south of France or Tuscany, but they are thinking about taking us all on a cruise.
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly, Sookie!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_late-late-opinion-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d722251-4fc4-493b-bbfb-0c37b1d53a78Post:d287806a-2427-4528-837f-0ffef7b8fa81">Re: How late is too late? Opinion "poll"</a>:
    [QUOTE]My thoughts exactly, Sookie!!!
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

:)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_late-late-opinion-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d722251-4fc4-493b-bbfb-0c37b1d53a78Post:5bf58bbb-d6e6-4b77-9af1-a5d40ffc7acb">Re: How late is too late? Opinion "poll"</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO, it is never too late to go on your HM.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]
    This.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I'd call it a "we've been through hell and back and reallllllly effing deserve a break from it all....with lots of drinks. and sex."

Or, a honeymoon. Either way, you two deserve it. Laughing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're not taking ours until January or even later. We're still calling it our honeymoon.
    planning

• Options
    I vote that it's your HM because it's the first trip you'll take together as a married couple. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards