North Carolina
Options

How Random is this!?

So I live a few hours from one of the high schools I went to....and my UPS driver happened to go to the same school so I know him from back in the day. He is getting married next May just a few days before our wedding date. I'm shooting his wedding, then he is going to Aruba for his honeymoon...which means he will be there the week we are getting married there....so I've invited him and his fiance to join us at our wedding.

Just seems kinda random!! :)  He took me to tour this beautiful mansion last weekend we're using for some of their pictures....he jokingly said they were going to crash my wedding and at that time i didnt know they were going there for their HM...I was like, um are you inviting yourself to my wedding? Because my mama is lucky she got an invite. We werent even going to invite family originally.  LOL

Then when he said they were going to be there, I talked to FI and we agreed it would be fun to have them join us. We are only going to have 10-15 guests and although I'm not super close friends with them, I think it will be a blast to have them join us :D

Now if only the dang venue would get back to me!!  They are seriously on Aruba time there ! I have been negotiating with the Westin for months over email. I finally agreed to secure our date and pay our deposit over 2 weeks ago....and she still hasnt told me how to pay the deposit or sent the final contract.  grrr

Re: How Random is this!?

• Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so fun, and yes random! I love when things like that happen. :)

Also I swear, every time I need a vendor to email/call me asap, they don't... but then when I'm just sorta going along and don't need them they're all over me with emails. I love all my vendors, but seriously this must be some sort of conspiracy!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011

I love Aruba but make sure to wear sunscreen even in the shade!  Since the beach sand is so white it reflects the sun's rays into the shade.  I got a burn on top of my original burn, but I would so go back!!  It's great that there's non-stop from CLT too! 

That's so random but fun at the same time!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im sure we have closer friends or family that we could invite in their place, but Im really excited they are already going to be there...and  i cant imagine them not joining us since we'll be staying right next to each other all week.  He was a genuine, down-to-earth guy in HS and still is....going to be fun :)

I think I need to call the resort tomorrow to get things finalized.  Sometimes, it takes the planner a week or longer to get back to me via email.

Elizabeth- good point!! I do NOT want to be fried on my wedding day! I burn sooo easily!   We were in Cancun one year...I stayed under an umbrella with a dress on over my bikini...and I burned even in the shade!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards