Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Reception questions

Hi everyone!
I am newly engaged as of last week and I'm beginning my reception. I have no idea where to start, I'm the first of my friends and an only child so I'm starting from scratch! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on reception sites. My fiance is from Mentor(east side) and I'm from Avon Lake (west side) and we're trying to find a place in the middle that might also work with hotels so people don't have to drive too far. Guest wise we're thinking over 200 and working with an average budget. Help?

Re: Reception questions

• Options
    crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I checked out Embassy Suites downtown and really liked it.  They were very helpful, and the rooms were nice!  They also have an outdoor terrace.  Really anything downtown is a good halfway point. 
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & good luck w/ planning! All of the downtown locations have decent hotel access, but with convenience often comes a higher price. You're looking at prices that start around $60/pp which may or may not include alcohol, depending on the venue. Suburban locations can cut the pp cost in half.

Some downtown area venues to check out: Atrium on the Square (BP Building), Sammy's Metropolitan ballroom, Windows on the River, Hyatt Regency Arcade, Cleveland Botanical Garden, Browns stadium, Crawford Auto/Aviation museum.

If you decide you want something more on the outskirts of downtown, I can make more suggestions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Embassy Suites in Independence.  It is right at 77 and 480.  It is easily accessible from both highways.  I know it is a bit off of 90 but there are many hotels over there.  Also, we checked out the Marriott at W. 150th and 71.  It was very nice as well.  That may be a good mid way point if you are considering a reception at a hotel.  It is more affordable than going downtown.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same sitution fi has family in mentor and fi and i are in Lorain/ amherst. The wedding is in going to be in Amherst off 58 and I am looking at doing the reception in university circle which i know is like 45 min but another good place i looked at was the avon oaks country club otherwise it seems like downtown is the only real option. If you want you can email me I have a huge list of unique locations i can send you .

luvtigger2013@hotmail.com
    228 Summonedimage 29 Ready to Partyimage 7 Missing the funimage 192 MIA image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! How exciting for you both.  I am in the same situation.  We originally had decided downtown, until we saw the prices.  We are having our reception at the airport mariott.  Its right on 71 close to downtown.  I know it sounds cheesy since its referred to as the airport mariott but its really nice.  The entire hotel was just remolded and its so pretty.  It is pretty decent priced too.  We are paying $70 a head and are serving filet and halibut.  If you go to their website you can see the entire menu.  Also they will block off rooms for you for $99.  The rooms are really pretty too.  None of the fugly comforters there! I hope this helps.  If you need more info the girls there, sonjya and michelle, are great.  Good luck!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards