Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Fun Louisville bars, attractions, and marriage lisence question.

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married in Louisville next weekend, but am not very familiar with the area.

We will probably be heading out downtown after the rehearsal dinner and after the wedding reception... I was wondering what the best bars to go to would be.

Any other recommendation for restaurants and touristy places to visit would be great!  I am putting together info for the OOT baskets.

Lastly, we are planning to get our marriage license when we get down there the day before the wedding!  Eeek.... I know we are cutting it close!  Has anyone had any problems getting theirs quickly?  Any tips for expediting the process?

Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Check out my Pinterest

Re: Fun Louisville bars, attractions, and marriage lisence question.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and congrats!

What type of bar are you looking for? 

Oshea's on Main St is usually a local favorite, so is Proof and Connections (gay club with 3 drag queen shows a night). 4th street live has mostly club type bars (Angel's Roc Bar, Tengo, Hotel, and Sully's) with a few others mixed in (Marker's Mark Lounge, Howl at the Moon and The Pub) and some restaurants. Bardstown road, just a little East of downtown, is mostly bars with all types from Irish Pub (Molly Malone's, Flannigan's, The Outlook) to clubs (O'Shea's, Phoenix Hill). A lot of these bars will have live bands on the weekends, Phoenix Hill always does. The traffic pattern on it is a bit quirky so be careful if driving yourself. The Bristol is one of my favorite restaurants downtown for a nice but not overly pricey meal. Another local place downtown is the BBC, they have several different types of in house microbrews. 

For attractions downtown there is the Louisville Slugger museum and Frazier Historical Arts Museum (I think they have a da Vinci exhibit right now). Also Glassworks where people can blow their own glass pieces or leave it to the pros and just watch. There's also the Louisville Science Muesum, 21c museum hotel and the Ali center. 

I can't help with the last part since my wedding is over a year away still. HTH 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    enbraunenbraun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  This is a huge help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Check out my Pinterest
  • Options
    halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Re: Marriage license

As long as you get there before closing you get the license on the same day. You just have 30 days to get married.  We didn't wait until the day before..did ours three weeks before but it was really easy and took maybe 20 min. (I don't think it was even that long). We went around 1 pm. 

ETA: I mentioned the closing part b/c the courts like to close on time so if you're cutting it close you might be told no.  Just another thought, there are several locations in Jeff county. We went downtown. You might want to get a list of what hours they others keep in case 4:30 is too late for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Matthews area is fun too, they have a place called Drakes, molly malones, and 60 west has half priced martini's yum!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards