South Asian Weddings

NWR - Mumbai Bombings

I hope that those of you who have family/friends in Mumbai have heard from them and that they are all OK!

It's crazy to think that it's happened again. So frightening.
ExerciseMilestone

Re: NWR - Mumbai Bombings

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope everyone is Okay out in Mumbai!  This is absolutely devestatting!!  I'm praying!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm shocked at what happened.  I'm especially concerned for my parents... who went to India to do wedding shopping for me.  They are not in Mumbai, but they are in Kolkata, which is under high alert.
  • edited December 2011
    @Nina - I hope your parents are staying safe. Will they be there for long?

I was in India in 2008 and left two days prior to the attacks then. My parents were still there and due back a few days afterwards. The security was crazy at the airport, but they were able to come home safely. I hope the same goes for your parents!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    DH just came back from NYC... SIL lives in Mumbai and as usual she called him before it hit the news.

Nina -- I think Kolkata is generally pretty calm, but I hope they come home soon so ou don't have to worry about them.

I was in Pakistan for the 2008 attacks.  You don't want to be in Pakistan when anything happens anywhere in South Asia!
  • edited December 2011
    I know, it's so horrible! Nina, I hope your parents are safe and ok!
  • edited December 2011
    Thankfully, none of my BF's family is in Mumbai! 

I will be thinking of those of you with family and friends in the area. :-(
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_nwr-mumbai-bombings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:54777b19-2557-4a78-a206-c42da8db48dePost:d7c8d38f-0063-49ae-b891-6119a4dd3790">Re: NWR - Mumbai Bombings</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH just came back from NYC... SIL lives in Mumbai and as usual she called him before it hit the news. Nina -- I think Kolkata is generally pretty calm, but I hope they come home soon so ou don't have to worry about them. I was in Pakistan for the 2008 attacks.  <strong>You don't want to be in Pakistan when anything happens anywhere in South Asia!</strong>
    Posted by temurlang[/QUOTE]

Yikes! That must have been quite the experience!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They'll be home next week.  They heard about the bombings, but didn't know that Kolkata was under high alert.  Praying that they stay safe.  Thanks for your concerns.
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_nwr-mumbai-bombings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:54777b19-2557-4a78-a206-c42da8db48dePost:c4eeb9e1-fec4-41a7-976c-602f1ed3a908">Re: NWR - Mumbai Bombings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR - Mumbai Bombings : Yikes! That must have been quite the experience!
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would say I'm normally pretty cool (I'm hyper and have a temper, but I don't freak out over things), but there were some moments when I was really starting to sweat.  Like when we stopped at a red light next to what appeared to be a jeep full of Taliban armed with AK-47s.  Or in general, the number of people walking around with AK-47s.  Or the riots and roadblocks.  Or the several times when I found myself actively thinking about the fact that my country had withdrawn most of its foreign mission.

Just want to say, though, that I had a great time and loved Pakistan.  But I do hope next time I go things are calmer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards