Colorado

Venue Help! Rustic Outdoor/Barn Wedding

Hi- I am starting to plan my wedding and my fiance and I do not currently live in Colorado where our wedding will be (I'm in Ohio, he is in South Dakota!).  We have a couple people looking at wedding venues but feel like we have kind of hit a dead end.  We are looking for a more rustic venue, for potentially 200+ people somewhere near northern Colorado.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have looked at Ellis Ranch, Sylvan Dale, C Lazy U, Devils Thumb, and also the Stanley in Estes.  Does anyone have any suggestions for another place to look?  I am stumped! 

Re: Venue Help! Rustic Outdoor/Barn Wedding

• Our wedding will be at the Wild Basin Lodge  (<--- clicky!) just south of Estes Park. Very rustic and natural. Denice and Nils are wonderful to work with, the food is amazing and the views are beyond beautiful! Most of our guests are coming from either Michigan or North Dakota, so we felt Wild Basin was perfect for an introduction to Colorado for all of the out of state guests.

Our guest list is just over 200 as well. Denice is really great about helping keep the budget down and offering suggestions to help cut costs, if thats a concern for you.

PM me if you'd like any other information or if I can help you in any other way! Congratualtions and good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • If you are looking to get married rustic for a very good price I would reccomend the Hayden Grainery-it is a half an hour from Steamboat and 15 min from Craig for hotel rooms. I went to a expo in Steamboat and you can do your wedding ceremony and reception and if you want rehersal dinner all for $700 dollars.-it is a cool building and concept I just wanted something more elegant for my wedding. (i would imagine they can hold 200 plus)

I also reccommend Tapestry House in Laporte they have great packages and can hold 200.

I am getting married at Della Terra in Estes it is not rustic with a barn but very beautiful and have an outdoor ceremony site
  • Tapestry House does sorta have a rustic feel with easy access for destination travelers ...

• The Botanic Gardens at Chatfield have the cutest Red Barn and most amazing grounds for pictures. I would def take a look at them.
  • I would suggest the Crooked Willow. It's a stunning wedding space just south of Denver. The only down fall is that you must have a wedding planner because of the insurance deductible required is so high that only a wedding planner/company can carry it. It's the perfect rustic/barn wedding space and it's been all the rage this year!
    www.crookedwillowevents.com

GL!
  • Ellis Ranch and Sylvan Dale Ranch in Loveland are both really nice.
  • Not thread related... but what type of shoes are you wearing? I'm having my reception in my friend's barn. Concrete floors, so dirt isn't an issue. I 'want' to wear cowboy boots, but can't find any that are light colored and non-cheesy. September wedding, so I could do pretty much anything. Thoughts?

• Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/194268514015590/#!/pages/The-Rest-Ranch/246031698757605. They are in Fort Lupton, Colorado- which is about 6 miles north of Brighton. Its a beautiful place, great views, they are renovating the barn into an event hall and have a beautiful outdoor pavillion. It's worth a look!  :)

• Michellemark -- I have 4 pairs of cowboy boots and at least 1 paid in a lighter color. What size are you? Shoot me a message if you want to borrow them.

My typical business is to rent mismatched vintage wood tones chairs. It gives the venue a rustic or vintage theme.

Nancy
    http://chairswithcharacter.com/
    a vintage chair rental company in colorado
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards