Washington-Seattle

Looking for a DJ

Hey All!!! I am looking for a DJ in the Renton/South Sound area.  Unfortunately we are on a tight budget, so someone fairly inexpensive would be great! I don't know how much a DJ usually charges or if it is a by the hour kinda thing! Can anyone shine a little light on this subject for me? Maybe if I can find someone that isn't going to charge an arm and a leg, I can convince the FI that we need a DJ.
Thanks All!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for a DJ

• edited December 2011
    When I first started planning, I was like, "who needs a DJ? All I need is some one who knows how to work an iPod!" 
    I said that to my wedding coordinator, and she enlightened me to perks of having a DJ. They can help guide the crowd with various musics selections, if they offer any add-ons like lights, and they have a quality system in case the iPod faulters. 
    We decided to go with Adam's Dj Service. We are getting married in 12 days, but so far the company has been pretty good! FI really liked Adam, the owner, after we all first met. He provides reasonable wedding packages, some of them with add-ons like uplighting, and extra hour, or monogram lighting. You can also get ala carte services.
    Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I agree with PP.. I thought I didn't need one at all and now I am SOOO thankful that I have someone that will kepe everythign flowing for me so my guests don't get board or something doesn't accidently get replayed over again. :P

My DJ is Adam with Adam'd DJ Service. They are AWESOME and professional. He is charging us 1,100 for ceremony through reception (ie everything) which is a great deal.. believe me I understand being on a tight budget, but check him out and see what he can do for you, especially if you only need a person for the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    I hired DJRT (Ryan Tilton) - he's charging us 685 for everything - ceremony and reception, a total of 5 hours.
  • edited December 2011

Hello tmhildebrand!  I can certainly help you out in your quest for an inexpensive DJ!!! 

I'm new to this board and the Seattle/Tacoma area, but I'm an experienced wedding DJ with exceptionally competitive pricing.  I offer a complete indoor wedding package with a full lighting system for up to 5 hours, at only $415.  This is an introductory rate and well below market value, as I build my reputation and client base around here. 

Please check out my website at http://djchromatic.yolasite.com/.  You'll be glad you did.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards