Maine

Outdoor, incredibly inexpensive reception venue??

jq104jq104 member
First Comment
We are looking for a super low key, inexpensive way to plan our wedding.  Our ideal situation would be a small ceremony on or near a beach followed by a reception for 100-150 people.  

So far, we're looking at Winslow Park in Freeport which has a covered picnic area that seats 150.  We'd bring in a catering company that could do a lobster bake.  

We are not against renting a tent & tables and chairs if needed.

A major drawback to the park idea is lack of dance floor and/or no alcohol allowed!  

Thoughts?

Re: Outdoor, incredibly inexpensive reception venue??

• You should check out Stonehedge in Gray. Not very well known, but easy to get to from everywhere, and they held a couple weddings over the summer that looked awesome! (We live nearby). They have a large open field area that people can actually camp at, a dance floor, indoor or outdoor reception options, and a tent setup in the summer. And, they should be very reasonably priced I would imagine...Lots of possibilities... good luck!

• HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Not sure if you have a geographic area in mind, but if you want to check out the midcoast you should take a look at Camden Snow Bowl.  They have always been inexpensive, and it sounds like the kind of setting you're looking for, but I haven't checked their prices in a few years.  There are also plenty of beaches close by.  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards