North Carolina-Outer Banks

Windy Beach & Mics

Ladies,
What are you doing for sound on the beach? Are you providing a mic for your officiant? I'm thinking of how windy the beach is there and wondering if it's a bad idea to use them....any thoughts?
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Windy Beach & Mics

• HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't really thought about this... I figured that my officiant would be prepared since he has done so many on the beach already.  I wouldn't be too concerned with it, but ask your officiant beforehand for the piece of mind - I'm sure he/she will know what will work best!
  • edited December 2011

We're renting a speaker with microphone and ipod jacks.  I hate going to weddings where you can't hear the couple's vows, beach or not.  One of our friends got married on a golf course and we couldn't hear anything at all, so sad because of how meaningful the ceremony is. 

I know someone said Jay Bowman doesn't need/want them because he projects so well, so it might be worth asking your officiant if he/she has a preference.  I personally don't want to shout at my FI just so grandma can hear us get married. =)  For us, the speaker was just a small expense that I think will be worth it.

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • mohn14mohn14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ms_teach, do you mind my asking how small of an expense that was and who you are renting them from? Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_windy-beach-mics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:a594670a-b96c-4fe9-b43d-ac16423eb1ecPost:7edb36d0-dd59-4a91-909a-6dcd21cfac8c">Re: Windy Beach & Mics</a>:
    [QUOTE]ms_teach, do you mind my asking how small of an expense that was and who you are renting them from? Thanks!
    Posted by mohn14[/QUOTE]

We're renting from Ocean Atlantic and it's costing us $200 for the whole day. 
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • mohn14mohn14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards