September 2012 Weddings
Options

Gift card help, please!

Ok so let me start by saying money is tight right now.  I'm sure everyone is feeling that so you can relate.  I have 4 vendors that I need to get gift cards/tips for.  I was thinking of doing Amazon gift cards as a thanks.  We can afford to spend roughly $150-200 on all 4 (though being on the low end of that would be helpful and $200 would be a stretch).  I just can't for the life of me figure out what is the best way to break it down.  These are the vendors:

2 are our coordinators.  They are two 20-something year old women trying to start their own company so they are doing our event for free in exchange for a recommendation letter/review and to take some pictures of their work.  They will be around for most if not all of the wedding.

The other two are my MUAs.  What happened is I found 1 on the Mary Kay website and met her last November.  When paying $200 for makeup application was out of the question, I thought it made more sense to buy makeup and have someone apply it.  So I bought the makeup from her and she's applying it for free.  My mom and two bridesmaids also got her some sales.  On the wedding day though she is bringing a friend to help get everyone done quicker.  Her friend is the one who got her into MK and did her wedding makeup.  Idk if it makes a difference but my original girl offered to bring her friend as opposed to me hiring her outright.  Between the two of them they will do makeup for 4 people including myself.

How do I break my $150 to $200 among them?  The coordinators obviously have a lot more on their to do list.  But, the MUA aren't actually making any money off of coming out to apply the makeup (and the original girl came out to do a trial on me last fall) other than whatever they make off sales (not sure how generous MK is with their people). 

I could do $75 for each of the coordinators and $10 for each of the MUA but then $10 feels measley.  I could do $20 for each of the MUA and $60 for each of the coordinators.  But that seems very little for the coordinators considering the amount of time they will be there (even if our contract agrees to free service).  Would it maybe be okay to just give the MUA something on the wedding day and then send a nice thank you note, picture, and gift cards for the coordinators in October once our expenses have leveled?  I'm stuck between wanting to be fair and show my thanks and being broke right now!!!!  Am I over-thinking this and they will appreciate anything?  Advice please!

Re: Gift card help, please!

• Options
    Well you would think that they would appreciate anything if they are offering free services but to each is own. It is completely up to you on what you want to do. I would think it would be ok to send the coordinators things in October. You have to wait to write their letter of recommendation anyways. I hope this helps.Smile
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards