California-Inland Empire

Do People assume?

Just wondering do family members assume just because they are your family they shouldnt RSVP to the wedding?  Im so confused.  What do you do if someone doesnt RSVP to you designate someone to call them and ask if they are coming or not? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Do People assume?

• hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it seems like the only ones I haven't gotten an RSVP from is family!!! It's so irritating!
    I'm going to start calling or emailing, and hounding down these people until I get a response!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It's weird how even a pre-stamped addressed RSVP isn't enough (especially in my case they had to make their food choices on the response card). I put Mom's from either family in charge.. I gave them a list and they started emailing and calling and things moved along so much faster from there.
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I should have only given people like 2 weeks to RSVP not a month.  It is going to drive me crazy..because I do have some B list people I would like to invite

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think the only family that can "slide" on not rsvp ing are the parents. Im thinking of doing rsvp's by website, email and phone. Why should I waste money on stamps if they aint gonna send them anyway you know?
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is how im gonna word it

The honor of your response is requested by March1st, 2011

You may choose one of the following options to respond to this invitation

Online at our website
    www.blahblah.com

By email
    abcd@gmail.com

By phone
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    I made my sis, who was a BM, RSVP.  I told her I hadn't received it and she said she didn;t know she was supposed to send it back because she was in the wedding.  I told her it didn;t matter!  Use my dang pre-stampd envelope!  LOL.

I had to call people until I got an answer.  Some people I never got an RSVP card from I just had to take their verbal YES.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a BM in a wedding and I got guff from the bride for not RSVPing soon enough. I didn't think I had to, but I guess her Mom was helping with counting guests. I had never thought about it like that. So I now I RSVP to everything, within a day of getting it.
    Which at the time I shouldn't have cared. i hate that girl more then anyone and the marriage didn't last a year. I should have RSVPed with a punch to the throat.
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • YES!  THEY DO ASSUME THAT!  I don't know how many birthday parties (I know it isn't the same thing but isn't it proper etiquette (ha ha, not many people know what that is anymore anyway!) to let the party hostess know if they will be there or not?

I know it is a lot of work, but I usually end up tracking everyone down and making them give me a yes or no decision:)  Which was worth it one year, because I made and personalized the party favors-and ended up having 28, but in the beginning I only had 6!
    Michelle:)
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Punch in the throat...LOL...

I just think that because i took the time and the money to give everyone a pre-stamped envelope to easily just ti pop them in the mail!
  • edited December 2011
    I guess people do "assume" that and it does always happen to be family.. I think I have it double time, since my family has never done RSVP's (we're mexican and some of my family doesnt even know what RSVP is :(....)  For my sisters wedding a few years back, they "assumed" everyone was coming, and didn't do the whole RSVP thing... They just bought enough food, cake, & goodies for all the invited guests, but in the end, it was a waste of space, food, cake & money! There were a few empty tables which could have made the dance floor bigger, and more comfortable... (Not to mention making the reception look ful!)...

Anywho, I sent RSVP's (pre-stamped & adressed envelopes) and I have only got a few back. I forsee a lot of texting, e-mailing & calling in my near future...
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah lulu i'm so affraid of that, Leo's family is exactly like that. they still havent been able to give me peoples names! i can just imagine me in a few months when it comes to the rsvps... oh lordy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    Our familes were bad about RSVP's too. We even had an aunt that would NOT even return our calls or emails and yet she showed up. WTF?! My fav thing were the people that drove the RSVP's to our house with the stamp missing. Its a freakin stamp!
  • edited December 2011
    Emily:I hope it doesnt get to the point where I am now, where I have mailed all the invites, and mom of FI asking me if I mailed on to 'Person X'??? ....My response was , Uuuuuhhh, and you are BARELY telling me about this person that I don't know...why??? ....No, they didnt get one, no they aren't getting one if you just barely thought of their name...

Amber: I couldnt help it literally laugh out loud when I read your comment about people driving the RSVP, that tells you that they wanted to make sure it got to you... My mom said, can I just keep the RSVP as a keepsake? ...I said, "mom, thats going to be MY keepsake from you, you can keep the invitation!" lol...
  • edited December 2011
    I think it was more about them keeping the stamp. Pretty sure they spent more on gas :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards