Missouri-St Louis
Options

Ceremony Site ((Please Help!!!))

I'm very frustrated!  FH and I can't find a place to have our ceremony!  We found our reception site, but not one for ceremony!  We're looking for some place very reasonably priced (under $400)

Our reception is at Quail Ridge Lodge, in Wentzville, so a site around wentzville, O Fallon, St. Peters, St. Charles, West County, Chesterfield, etc would be great!

We've looked at a place called city centre park in st. peters (next to city hall/rec plex) but they only allow up to 50 chairs in the gazebo area.  Our site needs to allow atleast 110 (we could survive with only 90-100 allowed).  We're not affiliated with any churches, so that's not an option (We could get married in one, but they seem to run expensive if you're not a member, and we'd like to save as much money as possible!)

It's ruining my mind, obsessing over this!  (I know! I've got 1.5 yrs, but I'm im very big on pre-planning!)

Any thoughts, ideas, site suggestions would be immensely great.

Thank you so much!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 99 Invited!
image 45 Are Psyched!
image 5 Are L0$3RZ
image 49 Are MIA!

Re: Ceremony Site ((Please Help!!!))

• Options
    mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not have it at the park, I have seen some pics where people have done that and then just walked into their reception at the Lodge.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Old Peace Chapel in Defiance, MO?

It can hold @ 100 people and is a really quaint location...plus, you can have pictures taken anywhere on the grounds and there are a lot of great photo opportunities there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Fee Fee Baptist Church in Bridgeton... They don't require you to be a member and their fees are actually really cheap for non-members.  They have two church options, the main large church for a big wedding, or the smaller chapel.   We are using the chapel and I can not wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Forever & jeslyn,

Do you guys know how much they are charging?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_ceremony-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:47c1d403-76b2-46a5-9e2b-a3bda61eb471Post:ab17471e-dc1f-4f54-be62-e784b42cac4b">Re: Ceremony Site ((Please Help!!!))</a>:
    [QUOTE]Forever & jeslyn, Do you guys know how much they are charging?
    Posted by pandabear322[/QUOTE]

I think Fee Fee is less than $250 (not including officiant "gift"), but my paperwork is at home.  I'll check it again and post you later.  You could always give them a call and ask... just google Fee Fee Baptist church and their website comes up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ok, here is a breakdown of the fees for non-members (we are members so our fees are less, sorry I didn't realize the main church fee was so much more), keep in mind there are two seperate locations, the main church (seats over 600, but has no center aisle) and the small chapel (seats up to 140 and has a center aisle):

Main Church                            Chapel
    Custodial Fee  $500                                 $200
    Organist          $50                                   $50
    Soloist             $50                                   $50
    Sound Tech.   $50                                   $50
    Minister      TBD between the couple and the minister

* The music and sound fees are optional and I think you can bring your own music/musicians.  I also think you can bring your own officiant, but you will need to check with the church for sure.

Good Luck with your search, keep us informed of what you decide to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards