Wedding Woes

This is making me mad. Link inside

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/49773283.aspx

What would you do, if you were her?  How badly would his manparts be maimed?

Re: This is making me mad. Link inside

• tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would have been gone before the forced abortion.

• edited December 2011
    Why did she let him talk her into doing something she didn't want to do?
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well,  I am very much pro-choice, and while it sounds like she was strongly urged into it...she still made that choice and carries the responsibility just as much as he does.

A decision made 2 years ago shouldn't really make him an a$$hole for his feelings today.  If anything, she needs to sit him down and talk to him because it sounds like maybe he has some major regret in there and this is his opportunity to get it out.   However, if he is still on the "can't afford kids of our own" train, then yes...she should start window shopping for a jar in which to shove his balls.

br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    edited December 2011
    That is utterly disgusting.
  • edited December 2011
    Why did the dr recommend this procedure? Also, I find it hard to believe anyone could be talked into this. This is all very weird.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    edited December 2011
    I feel like there is something missing.  There HAS to be.
  • dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-making-mad-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2af36ec-a14f-4964-977b-e39f48709230Post:38a6b75f-5ade-416f-8ace-bfdbb9f9ca9c">Re: This is making me mad. Link inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would have been gone before the forced abortion.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

This.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Why didn't this get discussed BEFORE marriage? How do you NOT have that, "What if we got pregnant?" conversation? I mean, I had that convo with H before we got pregnant! 

And I would have left him the second he suggested killing a child, but that's just me. Obviously, I go about relationships differently. 
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His balls must be made of pure brass. I would still saw them off and drop them in the ocean. Then I would leave.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it says a lot about him that he didn't take this new position when his own wife became pregnant.  Why does he want to get a better job to make sure his sister will be well taken care of, as well as move her closer to him so he can help her?  Doesn't his wife deserve more than his sister?
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm not totally against a couple deciding to abort, but a guy saying that they can't afford their own kid, and then going all hogwild wanting to get a higher paying job to support someone else's kid?  Oh hell no.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with you, Kuus. He has an oddly close relationship with his sister, it seems. Does she ever say why a dr told them to abort?
  • MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know. It sounds to me like she wanted the abortion, but was wishy-washy about it, and she's since turned him into the villain over it. It sounds like there's a lot more to the story than she's letting on.
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Even if she totally agreed and wanted it too, I'd think he was an assh*le for not at least offering to get a better job for his own damn kid, but jumping to do so for someone else's.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-making-mad-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2af36ec-a14f-4964-977b-e39f48709230Post:600fdd27-166d-41c6-ba04-7aada8bd8e60">Re: This is making me mad. Link inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even if she totally agreed and wanted it too, I'd think he was an assh*le for not at least offering to get a better job for his own damn kid, but jumping to do so for someone else's.
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you Kuus.

I can't even fathom how angry I would be at DH.  He's definitely showing her where she and their marriage stands in his eyes.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I feel like there is much more to this too.   Both of their responses seem over the top to finding out his sister is pregnant.  I wouldn't be surprised they were BOTH feeling guilt over the abortion. 

While I agree he should have stepped up when it was his own kid, there is a 2 year difference.  Who knows what there situation was 2 years ago?  Maybe he was still in school or he was a drug addict. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards