Destination Weddings Discussions

Finally decided on location!!

Yeah!
I haven't been posting a whole lot since my first couple of posts because we were having such a hard time figuring out WHERE we wanted to have the wedding.
For a while it was Napa/Sonoma or Hawaii. Some of our family freaked out about Hawaii and we figured it would be too expensive for some anyway so we switched to be Vieques, PR since the cost was at least half of what Hawaii would be.

And...we decided to go with Napa/Sonoma area!! And now it feels like I can actually start real investigation and planning. We have a list of about 10 locations we like the look of and are going to narrow it down to 5 this week. Once we get some pricing back from those 5 we are going to plan a trip out there to see them all and hopefully make decision.

I'm so excited to have our first decision made and to be on our way to getting this whole thing planned! It sounds silly but it feels a bit more "official" now that we have a location picked out.

Re: Finally decided on location!!

• Yay!  That first decision is such a relief!  That's so great you will get to do a planning trip!  Congratulations on the check!  What dates are you looking at?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Right now we are thinking a Monday in May 2013 (FI's parents follow Jewish Sabbath so we can't do Friday night / Saturday)

Although a lot of the sites there seem to give huge discounts for March and some April dates so we may switch to a bit earlier? I guess it will depend on where we end up picking and how much we are willing to break the bank. lol.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Congrats on your location pic....now the fun begins.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Congrats on the decision! That was the hardest part for us!! How exciting we are also getting married in May!!
    Anniversary
  • That is a big and very good check! Now the fun stuff starts!
    Ive never been to Napa but I want to go so bad!
  • that's great for you planning is the best.  it's so exciting
  • What an awesome location! Congrats on making the decision!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Congrats on your location!! I bet it will be beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards