Florida-Central Florida
Options

Modern Bridal Shop on Colonial

I was wondering if anyone has purchased anything from there and how your experience was. I was there a few days ago and finally found a dress that I think that I like. Although at the end of the visit they were hesitant to give me the model number and said that it was by a private designer ( the tag said Mori Lee, this wasn't my first rodeo). That put me off a little since I've already been to the Mori Lee website and I knew I'd be able to find it there. I just wanted to know if anybody else had a review they'd like to share.

Re: Modern Bridal Shop on Colonial

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent bought a dress there but I almost did. I found them to be very pushy and it turned me off, I thought their bridesmaids dresses were a little pricy too. Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're hesitant, I wouldn't buy from them.  I, too, have been there a couple of times, but I have not bought anything from them.  If the dress is Mori Lee you could definitely find it at another shop in Florida...and most likely Orlando.  Good luck to you!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    megan10103megan10103 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was there and I found a dress I liked but when I was done there was noone around to help me, the one girl just sat on the phone and acted busy, so I left and never went back. They were not helpful at all, not even with trying dresses on, so I would never reccomend buying there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    csimandacsimanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased a dress there and then realized they had the same dress on the personal website ( not a chain) for like $70 cheaper, when i called to complain they said that the price is different because I get the in store experience and help from the employees. I told her I could go to any other store and not pay a $ 70 comission for helping me try on two dreses. At first they tried to credit me and use it towards alterations and I knew better because of course they would up charge just like the dress so I fought and fought and finally they credited my credit card, Its been 3mths and im still waiting for the dress to come in. WOULD NEVER SHOP THERE OR RECOMMEND TO ANYONE
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! I can't believe everybody had such crappy experiences there! That's where I got my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, and my mom is getting her dress there, and I can't complain at all! My MOH got her dress there when she got married, plus our BM gowns,, as did several friends, all with good experiences. I also went to Minerva's, Alfred Angelo, and another store whose name escapes me. I got 20% off my dress at Modern Bridal and the bridesmaids dresses, too, for doing all the girls' dresses there, and they were the same price as online (my dress is Jasime, my mom's is Jim Helm, and Mori Lee for the BMs). I was really discouraged after trying on a LOT of dresses, and Lavoria, the manager, was super-helpful and found THE dress right away. All the dresses arrived early, and so far so good on the alterations (I have another fitting in a month). They're really respnsive and proactive with phone calls, too. I had heard from the start though to not go on weekends so I've always gone on weekday evenings as my schedule allows, so maybe that helped. Bottom line: I've had a great experience there, and I would recommend them to anyone as a salon to trust, but if they really turned you off then maybe try a few other places? Good luck!!
  • Options
    sararachidsararachid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my wedding dress there.  Though I was hoping to find my dress in one weekend, they did pressure me into buying, and they did mark up the price.  I looked the dress up later online, and even though I bought the floor model for a discount, I still found the dress cheaper online.  I'm kind of scared to go back there because I'm afraid they will try to make me buy something else. lol. But my helper lady was very attentive...It was better than Lily's Bridal though...
  • Options
    Elizabethb345Elizabethb345 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They refused to tell me who designed any of the dresses there saying that only the owner knows and they dont give out the designer information which led me to believe they were knockoffs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards