Texas-San Antonio

Wanna be featured in The Knot magazine? Share your planning secrets with other Texas brides!

Hey San Antonio-area Knotties!

We’re looking for some real Texas Knotties to share their best planning tips and secrets – and we’ll publish them in the next issue of The Knot Texas!

So tell us, who has been the most helpful and fabulous vendor you’ve worked with so far? Which cake baker had the cake flavor that was to die for? Where did you find the most genius favors? Which bridal salon went above and beyond to help you find your dress? We want to hear your raves about the people and vendors who are helping (or helped) your dream wedding come true – so that other brides can get in on the action too! This is a chance to really give props to local TX vendors, so tell us who you love and why!

Reply below!

XOXO,
Knot Vi-An (Texas editor)

Re: Wanna be featured in The Knot magazine? Share your planning secrets with other Texas brides!

• edited December 2011
    should we post our experiences here?
  • Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Please do.
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    So far, my favorite vendor is our caterer, Dora from Caterall Catering in New Braunfels, TX. She has a menu full of South Texas flavor, American classics and German originals. She has some of the most reasonable prices for what she offers in the area. She usually caters for larger companies (think the Wal Mart distribution Center, Caterpiller, and other companies with 1000+ people!). By the smell of her kitchen, I was hooked. And being a foodie, the reception is a big deal to me!

Our cake is coming from Sweet Architectures in San Antonio. I've been working closely with Daisy Pantoja (she actually used to work with my aunt and would bring in her marvelous cakes for birthdays!). She is very reasonably priced and will do anything you ask her to! She has a wide selection of flavors to choose from and each were delicious! I can't wait to taste her creation at our wedding :)
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our photographer Reggie is absolutely wonderful!  His company is called Phenom Photographers.  He has been so nice and laid back about everything, even though I ask him lots of questions and I changed my mind about the bridal portraits location the week before we were supposed to take them.  His pictures are beautiful, and we are so excited for him to be part of our wedding celebration! 

• edited December 2011
    Is it too soon to sign up for a wedding next May???
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked The Crystal Room at the Old San Francisco Steak House (through Absolutely Delicious catering) today, and Nidia has been so patient, helpful and accomodating with us! I've called with millions of questions and she has been very quick to respond and incredibly helpful with our situation. We don't have the larger budgets that I am sure they are more accustomed to, but I don't feel that service is lacking or that we are being thought of as 'less important' for that reason. Some vendors will immediately lose interest once you tell them your budget, but Nidia has helped us stay in a range that was comfortable for us without making us feel like our wedding will be inferior due to a tight budget. I highly recommend this venue/caterer to anyone looking for an affordable all inclusive venue that is beautiful, has exquisite food, and relieves you of a large chunk of your wedding stress!!
  • Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas so far ladies...keep 'em coming! We wanna hear about great vendors, your great ideas, and even the little extras you wouldn't normally think of -- maybe there was a spa that melted away all your planning stress or you found wedding inspiration in an unexpected place. Let's hear it!
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Hobby Lobby is a brides best friend. Even if you're not a DIY Diva, its still an amazing place to walk around and get ideas. We saw a pre-made flower vase and decided to try our hand at it and viola, our centerpieces were born!

One word of advice to future brides: Don't stress! I Know it's SUPER easy to stress out about a wedding (lets face it, its your big day!) but taking time to do things that aren't wedding related makes it so much better. I love just hanging around the house with FI and our dog watching TV or cooking dinner or going on dates! Don't stress too much and don't stress the small things :)
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaz Sephton with Sturchio Entertainment has been the best!! They have a  wide variety of entertainment options that they can book for your ceremony or reception.  They have everything from different types of music (strings, mariachi's, latin music players, dj's) to even entertainers such as cultural dancers. Kaz is the contact person through Sturchio Entertainment and she has been wonderful!! She has always responded to my questions in a prompt manner even if it was on a weekend.  She also went out of her way to try to negotiate prices with a band I wanted for my reception and she succeeded in getting the price I was hoping for. She is the absolute best!!
  • edited December 2011
    One thing I noticed when getting price quotes from vendors is they quoted you based on your venue. As soon as I said my reception was at Hotel Contessa, I would actually see vendors scratch out numbers and quote a higher price. I stopped telling vendors my reception was at a 5 star hotel and just said "in the downtown area"... my price quotes dropped significantly. The quotes for flowers and decor started around $1700 and dropped to the $650 for the same services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards