Christian Weddings

Weekly Recaps!

List five things that recap your week. They can be thoughts, events, etc.
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Weekly Recaps!

• 1. On Friday at Bible Study it was really special because one of our own who moved to NYC came and visited us. AND a couple of ours who had a baby so they've not been coming that often stopped in. Hadn't seen them since November, so it was like a reunion.

2. I went dress shopping, as I said in the "Dress Shopping" post. :)

3. God really showed how much He cares. I don't know why I don't have faith enough in Him, He is so wonderful!

4. There is a friend from college I had lost touch with, and I had been praying to reconnect with her before India... and unexpectedly yesterday I got to eat dinner and spend the evening with her! An answered prayer!

5. My mom and I spent half the day in (mainly happy) tears because the jury ruled in favor of the families in the Virginia Tech lawsuit today. Our cousin was killed in the massacre, and we're praying this helps bring peace to her parents.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • 1. I got my baseline results from my blood test. Everything is in normal ranges. One down, three to go!

2. I've now lost 5 pounds so far this month. :)

3. I'm learning to play Oblivion. I've never done RPG video games before, and I'm actually doing pretty well for not having any clue what I'm doing. ;)

4. Made hamburgers the other night - DH said they were the BEST thing I had ever cooked, and he enjoys my cooking all the time. :D

5. DH and I both had 3 day weekends. It was nice to just relax at home together.
  • 1. FI and I had a long talk the other night-- we really needed it and it has made me feel even more confident in our relationship!

2. Future SIL is pregnant. Just found out last night. 

3. I finished my 90 hour teaching internship for this semester! Now it's just student teaching in the Fall and graduation in December!

4. I decided it's really time to get my butt back into shape!

5. FI and I are getting super excited for the new Hunger Games movie that's coming out next week! Planning our outfits and pre-movie plans!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 1. Enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather outside! 75 degrees in March? Yes please!

2. Started writing our wedding vows. It was so special to be able to sit together and plan the words that we will say to each other when we join our lives forever.

3. Taught Bible school. I have the opportunity to teach a Bible class for public school children one day a week. A lot of the kids I teach don't get to hear about God anywhere else, so I'm exciting to be able to give them that opportunity. 

4. FI and I had a really good heart to heart conversation. The opportunity to really share our hearts with each other when we are together in person AND there are no eavesdropping siblings around is a little hard to come by sometimes. 

5. Talked over wedding plans with my coordinator (who also happens to be one of my close friends). After discussing some things with her, I feel a lot better about how things are coming together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.  I had my shower this weekend.  My BMs and Mom did a fabulous job.  We all had a great time!

2.  I had my bachelorette party Sat night.  We had a great time.  I was hurting Sunday but we had a blast!

3.  FI and I did some planning and calling RSVPs Sunday night.  Only waiting to hear from a couple of people!

4.  We had a fundraiser for our trip to WV last night.  It was a great turnout and it was such fun to see everyone that we don't normally see anymore since we all started at new churches.

5.  The family dog isnt doing well.  He's in a lot of pain and its so ahrd to see him that way.  We've been talking about options, but its so hard... Please pray for my family, especially my sister who is taking it the hardest.
  • 1. Fixed my broken engagement ring.  I felt so naked without it after two years.  If your ring is not insured, be sure to go through something like Jewellers Mutual... they will cover loss. 

2. Studied literally all week, and it's spring break.  (First-year law school is insane.)

3. I had hip surgery two months ago, and I visited my surgeon for a follow-up.  I still have a long way to progress until I get better he said.  He assigned new rounds of PT.  I have troubles walking more than 20 minutes or going up more than two flights of stairs. 

4. Got an iPhone!  I dropped my phone in a pool of water, and it was an old-fashioned cell phone.

5. Missed my husband, who's in Brazil.  
  • 1.  Received an early birthday present from MIL.  I wore the top on Tuesday and sent her a picture of me wearing it, which made her happy.  :)

2.  Got sunburned last Thursday. :(

3.  I'm enjoying my stats class again!

4.  I'm thinking about spending a week with ILs (without DH) in August.

5.  Realized I'll be done with classes next spring rather the end of next summer!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Got offered a second part time job. I have been praying for some financuial relief and God has answered my prayers.

2. I am loving the spring weather we are having. FI and I did some yard work on Sunday and it was so nice the active outside again.

3. 3 of my 4 bridesmaids are coming up this weekend for my shower. I don't have any close girl friends where I live and I am much over due for some quality girl time.

4. I have been in a weird place mentally with FI and my relationship. He is so swamped with work and going to school on his days "off" and has no free time. He is so burnt out but I feel like I am being put on the backburner. I am trying to put myself in his shoes and I know it is hard on him but I miss our fun, stress free days. Pray for me/us.

5. We got in the double digits in our countdown for the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cwill6212cwill6212 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    1. Enjoying the beautiful weather... 75 degrees in March! (Just praying we don't pay for this in June when I need it to be beautiful for my wedding day!  

2. Visited a new church this past Sunday. The pastor was a woman, which was cool. And she was definitely a straight-shooter. She's got a heck of a testimony about how God has changed her life. I was truly inspired. 

3. Endured my 7th class of Accounting and can finally see a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel. Only 4 more to go!  

4. Met with my coordinator/caterer (who also happens to be the mom of one of my close friends). After going over some things with her and finalizing some wedding things-I don't feel quite as overwhelmed as I did.  

5. And the biggest news of my week... God provided a way for us to get new hearing aids for my FI. We've been together almost 5 years and it's been on my heart to find a way to make this happen. He had the same ones since he was a teenager and they were old and hardly worked half the time. He got new aids yesterday and my heart is so full. He was able to hear a TV in the lobby (when he was sitting in one of the doctor's rooms) and he heard a loud car from inside a house, commenting that they needed a new muffler. These things may seem small--but he was never able to hear things like that before. God is SO good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards